Exploring Options: Is £12 for an Upcoming Book Worth It?

In summary, the book "Quantum Pounds" is listed on Amazon UK for £11.87 for a hardcover and is scheduled for release this month. The poundsign can be typed by using ALT+0163 on a Windows computer, but may vary for other devices. The conversion rate for 12 pounds is approximately $21. The book may be cheaper if purchased in paperback or used. However, according to Peter Woit, the publication date for the UK is actually in June, with a later release in the US.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed

Amazon UK has it listed for (Pounds Sterling) 11.87 hardcover.

Anybody know how to type the UK poundsign?

Scheduled for release this month.

How much is 12 pounds?

Presumably if you wait for the paperback edition or a used copy you will be able to get it much cheaper. Still I'm curious and begin to feel the 12 pounds burning in my pocket.

=================
thanks Davey, I will try it:
£ = ALT+0163 (using 0-9 number pad)
nope, I can't make it work on my Mac
maybe they have some other code.
but I followed your conversion link and found that 12 Brit = 21 dollars.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
How about $16? at amazon.com . Of course you've got to wait till September. :P
Btw, here's list of ASCII codes for a lot of symbols ...
http://www.lookuptables.com/
...and a currency conversion site
www.xe.com

Related to Exploring Options: Is £12 for an Upcoming Book Worth It?

What is the book about?

The book is about exploring and evaluating different options for a potential purchase of £12. It discusses the factors to consider when deciding if the price is worth it.

Who is the author of the book?

The author of the book is not specified as it is a hypothetical scenario. The book is written from a general perspective and does not focus on a specific author's opinion.

What makes this book different from others on the same topic?

This book takes a scientific approach to exploring options and making decisions. It provides a framework and tips for evaluating the worth of a potential purchase, rather than just offering personal opinions.

Is the book based on any research or studies?

Yes, the book draws on research and studies from the fields of psychology, economics, and decision-making. It also includes real-life examples and scenarios to illustrate its points.

What can I expect to learn from reading this book?

By reading this book, you can expect to gain a better understanding of the decision-making process and how to evaluate the worth of a potential purchase. It will also provide practical tips for exploring and considering different options before making a decision.