The Grand Design - Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
yarixen
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I've been wanting to read the book lately but before I do, I wish that some can give me a preview of what's ahead.

What will be the major/interesting points of the books for someone like me who is just very interested with astrophysics and cosmology but doesn't have a lot of physics background knowledge? I worry that I won't be able to understand a lot of it.:confused::smile:
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
It isn't mathematically technical, they address basic concepts in Quantum Mechanics and then discuss the Multiverse in relation to M-Theory. You'll be capable of understanding it.
 
Is there anything new in the book? or are they just bringing these concepts to a wider audience?
 
There isn't anything new, although to the general public many of the ideas will appear to be new.
 
@Kevin_Axion- Thanks. Ill try to finish today. Ill post back if i pick up anything new or if i pick up anything at all.