The Higgs Particle: Understanding its Role in the Standard Model

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter thunderhadron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Particle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
thunderhadron
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Well, Recently The God Particle which is the Higgs particle was found which was the last particle of standard model.

Higgs told that, Higgs field caused for the mass of any particle.

But I am confused that how Higgs field generate mass in any particle. Is there any satisfactory explanation for this theory ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The "footprints" of the HB are suspected. They have found something that resembles what they were looking but at much lower energy levels. At least one group that was looking says they are 99.99% sure that they have found the traces of the HB but they cannot explain the difference in energy levels.

I am 99.99% sure that UFOs exist - but I can't explain why there is so little evidence.
Maybe they both exist - maybe not.

Paul