The male mind, or what men really think about

  • Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • #26
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by pace
Doesn't matter. We did have fun!

Thank you for your post!
Indeed, we did.
You're welcome.
 
  • #27
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
827
15
Tsunami~

you seem to have the perspective that there is constant battle between man and woman in relationships...i truly have compassion for you as you make it seem that your relationships are about battle rather then love and companionship...

people (men & women) need to quit using gender characteristics as a way to insult and just love one another for the person they are...
 
  • #28
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by Kerrie
Tsunami~

you seem to have the perspective that there is constant battle between man and woman in relationships...i truly have compassion for you as you make it seem that your relationships are about battle rather then love and companionship...
I believe it is the perspective of most women in American culture since the advent of the feminist movement. Historically, women have been treated as servants and unequals by men. But I think that the 'man bashing' that has resulted has gone on far too long. Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately, as humor is a HUGE part of my life) it is all very funny! But if it is to continue (and sadly, I'm afraid it will continue - just look at the way the media - TV, movies, and those God-awful women's magazines - portray relationships), women should be able to take the jokes as well as dish them out and not take them seriously or personally!

people (men & women) need to quit using gender characteristics as a way to insult and just love one another for the person they are...
I completely agree! Unfortunalely, 'the persons that they are' are many time not very nice, and as long as dysfunctionals continue to abuse each other (men and women alike), the 'insults' in the form of gender-bashing will probably continue.
 
  • #29
740
3
Originally posted by Kerrie
Tsunami~

you seem to have the perspective that there is constant battle between man and woman in relationships...i truly have compassion for you as you make it seem that your relationships are about battle rather then love and companionship...

people (men & women) need to quit using gender characteristics as a way to insult and just love one another for the person they are...
Kerrie- don't take this the wrong way, but what rock have you been hiding under? Women in americana culture nowadays are raised both by parents and society to believe that they are superior, and have the upper hand. They are raised to believe that marriage is only slightly more than a minor convenience which they can step out of at the first sign of trouble, and take half of everything men have. They think if a man is interested in them, it's thier god given right to have him spend tons of money on her in an effort to win her over. The days of the polite, femnine wiles are gone, and have been replaced by a ball busting blonde with a tatoo of herself on her left arm saying "how much money do you make and what can you do for me?" Women don't care about love, it's how much they can take. That is why the divorce rate in the US has skyrocketed to over 60 percent nowadays.


(Yes I'm generalizing, but a large part of this is true)

So with these kinds of attitudes, it makes it very beneficial for a man these days to stay single, and save a lot of wasted time, effort, grief, and MONEY. Remember this men: don't think of what you have to gain, think of what you could loose

Luckily I found a good woman, and don't have to subject myself to this peril:wink:
 
Last edited:
  • #30
231
0
Originally posted by Tsunami
... women should be able to take the jokes as well as dish them out and not take them seriously or personally!
Even though I think maybe Kerrie's respond was a little unecessary right now, I think you hope for a little too much.
These ''jokes'' easily leads men into more ignorance imho when done too much, and these jokes affect women, not men.
I think we still got a lot to learn from women. And men coming with the most absurd comments. Sadly, social changes happens slowly.


Zantra, I don't know how women really are over where you live. But women here are 'generally' very different from what you describe there.
In fact, reading from your reply, you sound very women-enmious imo.

Women has necessarily arisen, and it's causing a lot of mess. But we can hardly blame anyone for this mess we're into because they've arisen from the corner we have forcen them into for centuries.
If so, we blame ourself.

But then again, I don't know how much this really has to do with how women and men are now to marriage. From what I see men are at least as guilty of putting relationships back in there for priorities, as women are at somehow force-marrying men.

And as for love, imho I think men have more the tendency to throw themself harder into the hard-boiled passion of love when their first into it, than women today. Though I think women does it far more often. Who knows, who has the record ?
And now I'm not even counting all the murders and war started by men.

(hey, btw, we have the same birthday! )
 
Last edited:
  • #31
740
3
Of course I'm not referring to ALL women. If all women were really like that, I'd be single. It's just a prevailing attitude that I've noticed from when I was in the dating scene in the not too distance past. I do live in the US- I'm not saying anything about other countries. It may not be a spoken truth, but the undertones are ripe with these attitudes.

As far as history, and us backing them into corners. That doesn't fly because women of the gen-x and gen-y generations have grown up in a very equalitarian society where women can do anything that men can do with no limitations. Does that mean it's 100 percent across the board equality? No but we're getting there. Women want to be independent nowadays, but it's at the cost of children who are latchkey kids, and getting that Beamer.

I'm very pro-equality. I'm also pro family. And the attitudes that SOME women have are very detrimental to family values. I'm not going on a woman bashing spree, I'm just pointing out some of the contributing factors to the decline in 2 parent families in the US. I also acknowledge that it's not a one sided issue. Men are equally to blame.
 
  • #32
231
0
Originally posted by Zantra
Women want to be independent nowadays, but it's at the cost of children who are latchkey kids, and getting that Beamer.
Not necessarily, if we take up on our responsibility of taking care of our children.


Originally posted by Zantra

I'm also pro family.
Me too.

Originally posted by Zantra

I'm just pointing out some of the contributing factors to the decline in 2 parent families in the US. I also acknowledge that it's not a one sided issue. Men are equally to blame.
Originally posted by Zantra

Women don't care about love, it's how much they can take. That is why the divorce rate in the US has skyrocketed to over 60 percent nowadays.
Maybe you didn't mean it the way it came to me.
But I agree today it may seem sometimes men aren't worth anything, we gotto fight for ourself too. Only try make it justifiable, or sensible.
 
Last edited:
  • #33
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
827
15
Originally posted by Zantra
Kerrie- don't take this the wrong way, but what rock have you been hiding under? Women in americana culture nowadays are raised both by parents and society to believe that they are superior, and have the upper hand. They are raised to believe that marriage is only slightly more than a minor convenience which they can step out of at the first sign of trouble, and take half of everything men have. They think if a man is interested in them, it's thier god given right to have him spend tons of money on her in an effort to win her over. The days of the polite, femnine wiles are gone, and have been replaced by a ball busting blonde with a tatoo of herself on her left arm saying "how much money do you make and what can you do for me?" Women don't care about love, it's how much they can take. That is why the divorce rate in the US has skyrocketed to over 60 percent nowadays.


(Yes I'm generalizing, but a large part of this is true)

So with these kinds of attitudes, it makes it very beneficial for a man these days to stay single, and save a lot of wasted time, effort, grief, and MONEY. Remember this men: don't think of what you have to gain, think of what you could loose

Luckily I found a good woman, and don't have to subject myself to this peril:wink:
if you found a good woman, then how come you have started this thread and you claim she doesn't read it? i agree some women are hideous in their treatment to men more so then they used to be, but men don't have to take it either :wink: matter of fact, one of my female relatives (the closest one a person can have) is very much dominating of her husband...i feel this is wrong, so why does he stay and hate her just the same? if a man has a woman who treats him like crap, he doesn't have to stay with her anymore then a woman doesn't have to stay with a man who treats her like a second class citizen PERIOD

now, i will speak for what you are advocating, because quite honestly, i think women today have gotten a large chip on their shoulder...i think the feminist movement has caused a huge ego trip for women in america, and we need to excercise our right for equality (voting, occupational pay, human rights, etc), however, it does not give us the right to be chauvenistic, and that is exactly what this attitude of many women is....CHAUVENISM...one thing i feel is completely true is a woman's ego is 10 times worse then a male ego...

my suggestion to men who deal with a woman like this? stand up to her without disrespecting her, be chivalrous and expect her to be a lady...

personally, i feel you are directing your disgruntles in the wrong place, as there aren't many women here in PF (esp. in this thread) who can give you their feelings on the situation, so of course most men here will agree with you because that is what a majority of the PF members are...perhaps you can try posting your feelings in a woman's forum?...
 
  • #34
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
We have all made some excellent points here.
Kerrie - more love and compassion, less battle of the sexes - YES!
Zantra - many women of today HAVE been trained to be ball-busters by their feminist mothers whose husbands left them for a younger woman, or WHATEVER reason... but not ALL of them.
Pace - yes, men are, in part, to blame for the poor treatment of women (historically, speaking) - but I feel many world religions are to blame as well. Think about how hindu, muslim and even extreme christian religions teach men to treat their women and the laws that have been established because of this. Even not-so-extreme christian women are taught that, if they are to live by the bible, women must be subservient to their husbands. Granted men are supposed to be treating their wives with love and compassion, too, by nature of women being the 'weaker' (physically) sex - but these teachings have gone awry in BOTH men and women in today's societies.
Me - these 'jokes' have not come about just by chance. There IS a modicom of truth in most of them - or they wouldn't be so dang funny!

The fact remains - how we are raised greatly determines how we treat one another. Also, exposure to 'outside' stimuli has much affect on us, as well. Consider Tammy Wynette's 'Stand by Your Man', or Pat Benatar's 'I Want a Lover Who Won't Drive Me Crazy' ('someone to thrill me and just go away' ). And TV (The Burning Bed), movies (The War of the Roses), it goes on and on! How can we not be subconsciously affected by the media?

Now, let's quit bickering and get back on topic - The Male Mind
("What's up with THAT?" "WHAT mind?" "In which 'head'?" "Now there's an oxymoron for ya!" ) Dang! Sorry guys! I just can't help myself!! ANYTHING is fodor for a good laugh. NOTHING is sacred!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Opps. Sorry, again. I, personally think both set of jokes (men's AND women's) are just hysterical!!! Sorry if anyone has a problem with that - but that' how I are!
 
  • #35
740
3
Originally posted by Kerrie
if you found a good woman, then how come you have started this thread and you claim she doesn't read it? i agree some women are hideous in their treatment to men more so then they used to be, but men don't have to take it either :wink: matter of fact, one of my female relatives (the closest one a person can have) is very much dominating of her husband...i feel this is wrong, so why does he stay and hate her just the same? if a man has a woman who treats him like crap, he doesn't have to stay with her anymore then a woman doesn't have to stay with a man who treats her like a second class citizen PERIOD

now, i will speak for what you are advocating, because quite honestly, i think women today have gotten a large chip on their shoulder...i think the feminist movement has caused a huge ego trip for women in america, and we need to excercise our right for equality (voting, occupational pay, human rights, etc), however, it does not give us the right to be chauvenistic, and that is exactly what this attitude of many women is....CHAUVENISM...one thing i feel is completely true is a woman's ego is 10 times worse then a male ego...

my suggestion to men who deal with a woman like this? stand up to her without disrespecting her, be chivalrous and expect her to be a lady...

personally, i feel you are directing your disgruntles in the wrong place, as there aren't many women here in PF (esp. in this thread) who can give you their feelings on the situation, so of course most men here will agree with you because that is what a majority of the PF members are...perhaps you can try posting your feelings in a woman's forum?...

Ok perhaps I came off a little harsh kerrie. And I wasn't directing this at any woman in particular. Would also like to point out as tsunami did, that all women are NOT like this-if that wasn't clear in my post. There are some very wonderful, caring, and understanding women out there. A lot actually. I wasn't intending to bash all women, so I'll just suffice it to say that these are only my opinions, not directed at anyone in particular, and not meant to characterize every woman,but these types of women do exist.

As far as my girl- she would agree with me, and no she doesn't read PF, as it's not her thing.

That being said, yes men have a 1 track mind, but at least we're easy to figure out and aren't unreasonable:wink:

Oh and I liked both the mens and women's jokes too! keep it up
 
Last edited:
  • #36
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by Zantra
Oh and I liked both the mens and women's jokes too! keep it up
Thanks, Zantra. I just cannot take life too seriously - if I did, I'd have to be institutionalized! Well, maybe I need that anyway, but...
I was thinking about this and, it's occurred to me more than once that, really, we all kind of want to be taken care of! Men - SORT OF like Mommy did (love and nurture, cook yummy dinners, take care of our clothes, keep the home fires burning...), and women - SORT OF like Daddy did (love and cuddle, protect, bring home the bacon, chop the wood to keep the home fires burning...)! I think that's just basic man/woman nature. It's built in. Inherent. Ponder it for a bit and tell me what y'all think.
 
  • #37
740
3
What women really mean

At long last... The Men's Guide to what a woman really means when she says something. Pay close attention (there might be a quiz later).

* You want = You want

* We need = I want

* It's your decision = The correct decision should be obvious by now.

* Do what you want = You'll pay for this later.

* We need to talk = I need to complain

* Sure... go ahead = I don't want you to.

* I'm not upset = Of course I'm upset, you moron!

* You're ... so manly = You need a shave and you sweat a lot.

* You're certainly attentive tonight. = Is sex all you ever think about?

* I'm not emotional! And I'm not overreacting! = I'm on my period.

* Be romantic, turn out the lights. = I have flabby thighs.

* This kitchen is so inconvenient = I want a new house.

* I want new curtains = and carpeting, and furniture, and wallpaper.....

* I need wedding shoes = the other 40 pairs are the wrong shade of white.

* Hang the picture there = NO, I mean hang it there!

* I heard a noise = I noticed you were almost asleep.

* Do you love me? = I'm going to ask for something expensive.

* How much do you love me? = I did something today you're really not going to like.

* I'll be ready in a minute. = Kick off your shoes and find a good game on T.V.

* Is my butt fat? = Tell me I'm beautiful.

* You have to learn to communicate. = Just agree with me.

* Are you listening to me!? = [Too late, you're dead.]

* Yes = No

* No = No

* Maybe = No

* I'm sorry. = You'll be sorry.

* Do you like this recipe? = It's easy to fix, so you'd better get used to it.

* I'm not yelling! = Yes I am yelling because I think this is important.

* All we're going to buy is a soap dish = It goes without saying that we're stopping at the cosmetics department, the shoe department, I need to look at a few new pocket books, and OMIGOD those pink sheets would look great in the bedroom and did you bring your checkbook?

(THE ANSWER TO "WHAT'S WRONG?")

* The same old thing = Nothing

* Nothing = Everything

* Everything = My PMS is acting up

* Nothing, really = It's just that you're such a jerk

* I don't want to talk about it = Go away, I'm still building up steam
 
  • Like
Likes gracy
  • #38
658
2
haha, i think this is a great thread yall have going here. I personally like the whole battle of the sexes thing. no sex can really win anyways, it's like apples and oranges, but its still fun battling it out. Its even more fun watching you people, who i respect and think of as intelligent adults, going at it.

My personal opinion: Men are playthings. Meant to be toyed with, teased, and used for pleasure. If they aren't pleasing, get rid of him, one women's trash is another's treasure. Sex is the easiest way to control any man, and every man can be controlled by sex. It doesn't matter if a guy has a mind, more often than not, he won't use it. When he does happen to use it, its a completely different ball game.
 
  • #39
231
0
Originally posted by Gale17
haha, i think this is a great thread yall have going here. I personally like the whole battle of the sexes thing. no sex can really win anyways, it's like apples and oranges, but its still fun battling it out. Its even more fun watching you people, who i respect and think of as intelligent adults, going at it.

My personal opinion: Men are playthings. Meant to be toyed with, teased, and used for pleasure. If they aren't pleasing, get rid of him, one women's trash is another's treasure. Sex is the easiest way to control any man, and every man can be controlled by sex. It doesn't matter if a guy has a mind, more often than not, he won't use it. When he does happen to use it, its a completely different ball game.

used for pleasure....? we like!!
 
  • #40
740
3
Originally posted by Gale17
haha, i think this is a great thread yall have going here. I personally like the whole battle of the sexes thing. no sex can really win anyways, it's like apples and oranges, but its still fun battling it out. Its even more fun watching you people, who i respect and think of as intelligent adults, going at it.

My personal opinion: Men are playthings. Meant to be toyed with, teased, and used for pleasure. If they aren't pleasing, get rid of him, one women's trash is another's treasure. Sex is the easiest way to control any man, and every man can be controlled by sex. It doesn't matter if a guy has a mind, more often than not, he won't use it. When he does happen to use it, its a completely different ball game.
Interesting interesting. So you're one of THOSE girls.. hehe. It may surprise you to learn that there are guys out there who share the same views on women. One viewpoint I've heard on women(and I don't share this viewpoint) is that women are as driven by money, or the illusion of it, as men are by sex, and in that way can be equally as controllable as men. And I would venture to say that although we love to joke about it, the one track mind sex thing applies only to men under 25. Personally, there are lots of fish in the sea(men and women). So it's much easier to deal with someone without an agenda for me.

Each relationship has a dominant and recessive personality. Even if two people are "dominant", someone will ultimately be the decisionmaker. And thus the power struggle ensues. And when two dominant personalities meet, it can be a fireball, to say the least;) That being said, I don't think men are anymore playthings then women are. I think you'll see it as less of a "game" the older you get. Men and women ultimately have the same basic needs, we just get there in different ways. But more power to ya sistah!

PS Gale, if you're really 17, aren't you a bit young to be using sex as a weapon?:wink:
 
Last edited:
  • #41
740
3
Originally posted by Tsunami
Thanks, Zantra. I just cannot take life too seriously - if I did, I'd have to be institutionalized! Well, maybe I need that anyway, but...
I was thinking about this and, it's occurred to me more than once that, really, we all kind of want to be taken care of! Men - SORT OF like Mommy did (love and nurture, cook yummy dinners, take care of our clothes, keep the home fires burning...), and women - SORT OF like Daddy did (love and cuddle, protect, bring home the bacon, chop the wood to keep the home fires burning...)! I think that's just basic man/woman nature. It's built in. Inherent. Ponder it for a bit and tell me what y'all think.
You know, I think you're right. The old saying of men marrying thier moms and women marrying thier dads isn't that far off. I mean, that hot mamma in the tight red dress is great for drinks and dancing, but we always marry the girl in the turtleneck sweater who makes us dinner and cleans up our bachelor pad;) And I think the same applies to women. They may go for the leather jacket wearing, tattooed, unemployed, biker poet, but when it comes down to it, they marry ned the good guy who has a stable job and won't leave her for a cocktail waitress named bubbles.
 
  • #42
231
0
Be careful using the term 'nature'.

Either it's 'nature', or it's 'society'.

Naturalistic explanation is when you say it's born in.

What you reason is society. Our situation in child days affect us.
And I agree.

But what happens when the gender issues slowly changes ? And it will.
When we men more take care of children, as we well should. And women more to work, as they well should.
What then ? Society changes.

What is it that we actually find attractive in the opposite sex ?

And if some of these ideas crash hard in morals of society, are these destorying but attractive things really worth struggling to keep ?
As we move on, don't we continually find new things we find attractive in the opposite sex anyway ?
 
Last edited:
  • #43
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63


Originally posted by Zantra
At long last... The Men's Guide to what a woman really means when she says something. Pay close attention (there might be a quiz later).
* You want = You want
* We need = I want
* It's your decision = The correct decision should be obvious by now.
* Do what you want = You'll pay for this later.
* We need to talk = I need to complain
* Sure... go ahead = I don't want you to.
* I'm not upset = Of course I'm upset, you moron!
* You're ... so manly = You need a shave and you sweat a lot.
* You're certainly attentive tonight. = Is sex all you ever think about?
* I'm not emotional! And I'm not overreacting! = I'm on my period.
* Be romantic, turn out the lights. = I have flabby thighs.
* This kitchen is so inconvenient = I want a new house.
* I want new curtains = and carpeting, and furniture, and wallpaper.....
* I need wedding shoes = the other 40 pairs are the wrong shade of white.
* Hang the picture there = NO, I mean hang it there!
* I heard a noise = I noticed you were almost asleep.
* Do you love me? = I'm going to ask for something expensive.
* How much do you love me? = I did something today you're really not going to like.
* I'll be ready in a minute. = Kick off your shoes and find a good game on T.V.
* Is my butt fat? = Tell me I'm beautiful.
* You have to learn to communicate. = Just agree with me.
* Are you listening to me!? = [Too late, you're dead.]
* Yes = No
* No = No
* Maybe = No
* I'm sorry. = You'll be sorry.
* Do you like this recipe? = It's easy to fix, so you'd better get used to it.
* I'm not yelling! = Yes I am yelling because I think this is important.
* All we're going to buy is a soap dish = It goes without saying that we're stopping at the cosmetics department, the shoe department, I need to look at a few new pocket books, and OMIGOD those pink sheets would look great in the bedroom and did you bring your checkbook?
(THE ANSWER TO "WHAT'S WRONG?")
* The same old thing = Nothing
* Nothing = Everything
* Everything = My PMS is acting up
* Nothing, really = It's just that you're such a jerk
* I don't want to talk about it = Go away, I'm still building up steam
STOP!! You're KILLING me!! My face hurts from laughing so hard!!
Here's a couple more:
The difference between a woman with PMS and a:
Pitbull --> lipstick!
Vulture---> at least a vulture waits until you're DEAD before he eats your face off!
 
  • #44
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by Gale17
haha, i think this is a great thread yall have going here. I personally like the whole battle of the sexes thing. no sex can really win anyways, it's like apples and oranges, but its still fun battling it out. Its even more fun watching you people, who i respect and think of as intelligent adults, going at it.

My personal opinion: Men are playthings. Meant to be toyed with, teased, and used for pleasure. If they aren't pleasing, get rid of him, one women's trash is another's treasure. Sex is the easiest way to control any man, and every man can be controlled by sex. It doesn't matter if a guy has a mind, more often than not, he won't use it. When he does happen to use it, its a completely different ball game.
You are a RIOT!! I LOVE it!!!
(Man! You guys were busy in this thread while I was in town!)
 
  • #45
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
BTW, Gale...didn't you just have a birthday? Are you now Gale18?
Originally posted by pace
used for pleasure....? we like!!
Gale, meet pace. Pace, Gale. :wink: I'm Cupid.
 
  • #46
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by Zantra
You know, I think you're right. The old saying of men marrying thier moms and women marrying thier dads isn't that far off. I mean, that hot mamma in the tight red dress is great for drinks and dancing, but we always marry the girl in the turtleneck sweater who makes us dinner and cleans up our bachelor pad;) And I think the same applies to women. They may go for the leather jacket wearing, tattooed, unemployed, biker poet, but when it comes down to it, they marry ned the good guy who has a stable job and won't leave her for a cocktail waitress named bubbles.
NAILED!!! Right on the head!! 'Specially that biker part (but let me include nipple rings and a snear! ).
p.s. Just drinks and dancing? (or would that be dancing between the sheets?)
 
  • #47
740
3
Originally posted by Tsunami
NAILED!!! Right on the head!! 'Specially that biker part (but let me include nipple rings and a snear! ).
p.s. Just drinks and dancing? (or would that be dancing between the sheets?)
sheets of course:wink:
 
  • #48
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by Zantra
sheets of course:wink:
Of course!:wink:
 
  • #49
740
3
nipple rings and a sneer? Is the sneer optional?
 
  • #50
Tsu
Gold Member
371
63
Originally posted by Zantra
nipple rings and a sneer? Is the sneer optional?
Sure. The sneer can be optional. But not the nipple rings! They're a MUST!
 

Related Threads on The male mind, or what men really think about

  • Last Post
2
Replies
35
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
27
Views
2K
Replies
13
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
39
Views
10K
Replies
26
Views
3K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
2
Replies
36
Views
8K
Replies
16
Views
4K
Replies
13
Views
4K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
69
Views
7K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
38
Views
5K
Top