The number of lines making equal angles with Co-ordinate axes is ?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mr_bineet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Angles Axes Lines
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
mr_bineet
Please explain it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello mr B, welcome to PF :smile: !

Please explain it is a bit short. Explain what, precisely ?
 
mr_bineet said:
Please explain it.
Have you made any attempt at a solution yourself? What do you think it might be and why?
 
I think it's 4 lines (8 rays) but there are some who are opposing me..What is the right answer?
 
mr_bineet said:
I think it's 4 lines (8 rays) but there are some who are opposing me..What is the right answer?
There is not a "right" answer, because you have not fully stated the conditions to be met. Personally, I agree w/ you but, again, it depends on the specified conditions (which you have not stated). For example, are we talking about angles from the positive x, y, and z directions or is it OK that the angle be from the negative directions?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mr_bineet
Chandra Prayaga said:
Also, are we talking about coordinate axes in two or three dimensions?
I don't think he could have possibly come up with 4 lines if it were not 3D, so I think that's inherent in his post.