The picture in the addition, you see one integral equation and I have

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is trying to solve an integral equation but is having trouble using partial integration due to difficulties with the boundaries. They explain that the function becomes unclear at infinity and ask for help. After not receiving a response, they eventually figure out the solution to be (a*a)/(2*(1+a*a)).
opeth_35
The picture in the addition, you see one integral equation and I have moved forward to solve it but when I tried to use patial integrant ( uv-∫v.du) I couldn't go further, Is there anyone to help me solving that equation.Actually, I stuck while putting the boundries
(from 0 to ∞ ) because it is not clear when sinus function goes ∞ what it will be,... anyway if you look at it you will see what I mean.

thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0227.jpg
    DSC_0227.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 355
Physics news on Phys.org

th answer is (a*a)/(2*(1+a*a))

I think most people think that doesn't worth to give any answer to this easy question· i understand now

1. What is an integral equation?

An integral equation is a mathematical equation that contains an unknown function within an integral. It is used to solve problems in physics, engineering, and other fields by relating a function to its integral.

2. How is an integral equation different from a regular equation?

An integral equation involves an integral, which is a mathematical operation that represents the area under a curve. This makes it different from a regular equation, which only involves algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

3. What is the purpose of an integral equation?

The purpose of an integral equation is to solve problems that cannot be solved using regular equations. It allows for the representation of complex relationships between variables and can be used to model real-world phenomena.

4. Can you give an example of an application of integral equations?

One example is in electrical engineering, where integral equations are used to analyze the behavior of electromagnetic fields. They are also used in quantum mechanics to describe the behavior of particles in a potential field.

5. How are integral equations solved?

Integral equations can be solved using a variety of numerical and analytical methods. Some common methods include the method of moments, the Galerkin method, and the spectral method. The choice of method depends on the specific problem at hand and the desired level of accuracy.