The total weight o a gas filled balloon is 1500N.

In summary, the total weight of a gas filled balloon is 1500N and it rises at a constant speed of 10m/s. According to Newton's 2nd Law, the net force acting on the balloon is equal to zero since there is no acceleration. This means that the buoyant force must be equal to the weight of the balloon in order for it to float.
VICKZZA

Homework Statement

The total weight o a gas filled balloon is 1500N.THE BALLOON RAISES AT CONSTANT SPEED OF 10m/s.Calculate the resultant force acting on the balloon?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

VICKZZA said:

Homework Statement

The total weight o a gas filled balloon is 1500N.THE BALLOON RAISES AT CONSTANT SPEED OF 10m/s.Calculate the resultant force acting on the balloon?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

If the speed is constant, what does that mean about the acceleration? What does Newton's 2nd Law therefore say about the net force on the object?

as given that the speed is constant ,so there is no acceleration in the ballon.and according to Newton 2nd law,force acting on the object is directly proportional to mass of the objectand accelaration,now if we consider this, the net force will be equal to zero.

but i am still confused,am i right?

VICKZZA said:
as given that the speed is constant ,so there is no acceleration in the ballon.and according to Newton 2nd law,force acting on the object is directly proportional to mass of the objectand accelaration,now if we consider this, the net force will be equal to zero.

but i am still confused,am i right?

Yeah that's right. The net force has to be 0. So something has to provide lift to counteract the weight of the balloon. In this case it's the buoyant force that does so (i.e. the balloon floats).

but how much magnitude of buoyant foce will be there when balloon continously arises up?

Hmm. Balloon weighs 1500 N. Rises with constant velocity. Net Force = 0. What is the buoyant force? Eureka!, Mr. Archimedes!

What is the total weight of a gas filled balloon?

The total weight of a gas filled balloon is 1500N.

How is the weight of a gas filled balloon determined?

The weight of a gas filled balloon is determined by the mass of the gas inside the balloon and the weight of the balloon material itself.

What factors can affect the total weight of a gas filled balloon?

The total weight of a gas filled balloon can be affected by the type and amount of gas used, the size and material of the balloon, and external factors such as temperature and air pressure.

What is the relationship between the weight of a gas filled balloon and its volume?

The weight of a gas filled balloon is directly proportional to its volume. As the volume increases, the weight also increases.

Can the weight of a gas filled balloon be changed?

Yes, the weight of a gas filled balloon can be changed by altering the amount or type of gas inside the balloon, or by changing the size or material of the balloon. External factors such as temperature and air pressure can also affect the weight of the balloon.