Theory of everything and chemical bond theory

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
lyborko
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

Theoretical physicists assert that quantum mechanic and relativistic world use distinct mathematical models that can not united into one so far. The reason of it, which I do not understand, is the gravity. Once we encompass the gravity in the quantum world (or vice versa), we (maybe) will have one model of "everything". Please, be merciful with me, I am not a physicist and I know I use kitchen language.

But how is it possible, that we do not have for example "united theory of chemical bond" ? I presume, we do not need to count with gravity in this case. Instead of that we describe covalent, ionic bonds, "weak bonds" such as dipole–dipole interactions, the London dispersion force and hydrogen bonding. Do we know the logic laying underneath?

thanx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lyborko said:
Hello,

Theoretical physicists assert that quantum mechanic and relativistic world use distinct mathematical models that can not united into one so far. The reason of it, which I do not understand, is the gravity. Once we encompass the gravity in the quantum world (or vice versa), we (maybe) will have one model of "everything". Please, be merciful with me, I am not a physicist and I know I use kitchen language.

But how is it possible, that we do not have for example "united theory of chemical bond" ? I presume, we do not need to count with gravity in this case. Instead of that we describe covalent, ionic bonds, "weak bonds" such as dipole–dipole interactions, the London dispersion force and hydrogen bonding. Do we know the logic laying underneath?

thanx

Chemical bonds can be described via quantum mechanics ONLY. There is no reason to include gravity.

Zz.
 
@ZapperZ

@ZapperZ

Yes, for sure there is not need to include gravity. But does it mean, we have theoretical model which describes the chemical bond universally, so we can precisely predict the behavior and properties of any existing chemical substance ?

Lyborko
 
lyborko said:
@ZapperZ

Yes, for sure there is not need to include gravity. But does it mean, we have theoretical model which describes the chemical bond universally, so we can precisely predict the behavior and properties of any existing chemical substance ?

Lyborko

Yes, we can predict the behavior and properties extremely accurately using only Quantum Mechanics.