Change in G for Ga(l) to Ga(g) at 1427 K with partial pressure of 0.1 torr

  • Thread starter Thread starter neo2478
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thermodynamics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
neo2478
Messages
8
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement

The equilibrium vapor pressures of liquid gallium areT(K) 1302 1427 1623
p(torr) 0.01 0.1 1.0 a-Calculate the enthalpy, entropy and Gibbs energy changes for the process
b-Calculate the standard enthalpy, entropy, and Gibbs energy changes for the vapozation of liquid gallium at 1427 K. Under standard conditions the pressure of the gallium is 1 bar. Will liquid gallium 1427 K spontaneously form vapor with a pressu of 1 bar?

[tex] Ga(l) \rightarrow Ga(g, 0.1 torr)[/tex]

at 1427 K.

Heres what I derived so far

[tex] dG=Vdp<br /> dG=\frac{RT}{p}dp<br /> \Delta G=RTln\frac{p_2}{p_1}[/tex]

I'm not sure how to get [tex]p_1[/tex] to solve for [tex]\Delta G[/tex]
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have solved this problem. It was quite simple actually.
If anyone wants me to post the solution, just let me know.