Thermodynamics of Reactions with Glucose

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
xsc614
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


ps4n2.jpg



Homework Equations


ΔH rxn = ΔH products - ΔH reactants
ΔU = q + w


The Attempt at a Solution


Pretty overwhelmed with the entire problem. Since the ΔH's of all reactants and products were in the literature for the reference temperature of 298.15 K, I was able to plug them in and get the value for that temperature. I am not sure how it changes with temperature increase?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps heat capacity(-ies) is the reason where delta T = 298.15 K - 330.15 K.
 
Ah, okay I was able to the the change in enthalpy for 330.15 K by Hess's law, and adding delta H rxn (298.15K) to the integral of delta Cp dT integrated from To to T.

Now I'm stuck on b. part ii. I can't find any examples anywhere on calculating problems like this and my professor is so highly educated (MIT, Harvard, UPenn) that I can't understand him.

Ahh, any help is appreciated!
 
It lies somewhere in Table 4.1 and 4.2. That will get you started.