Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thesis statement for my essay on the LHC

1. Sep 30, 2009 #1

Entropee

Gold Member

Im writing my first college essay, an analysis. I chose the large hadron collider because everyone else was doing healthcare reform and Iran testing warheads, thought this would be interesting. The only problem is I cant come up with a badass thesis statement for my essay, the thesis is due tomorrow, can anyone please help me? I wont copy anything word for word I just need something to go off of, I cant think right now.

Thanks a lot guys!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2009 #2
    This is the best of times. This is the worst of times. The LHC in Geneva Switzerland is due to turn on in 5 weeks. Will the World as we know it come to an end when the LHC turns on? (From here, describe why the LHC will or will not destroy the World. Are the LHC builders brilliant scientists who are trustworthy and will discover the Higgs boson, or are they intent on destroying the World by creating a black hole.)
    Bob S

4. Sep 30, 2009 #3

Entropee

Gold Member

Thanks a lot bob, i think thats a good question because i can then talk about why it wont destroy the world since im sure my english classmates wont know the answer to that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook