Thrust Vectoring: Learn the Basics

• Thread starter pikachu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thrust
In summary, the speaker is seeking help with a seminar on thrust vectoring, but is struggling to find information beyond basic concepts. They are in their final year of graduate school and their professor wants them to go into detail on the topic. They are looking for information on the basics, aerodynamics, and ways to vector thrust. They have searched the NASA website but are still looking for more information. They are asking for someone to provide assistance on the topic.
pikachu
hi frnds,,
i want to present a seminar on thrust vectoring,but apart frm very superficial stuff,i am not getting anything frm d net.can neone help me regarding dis..

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Pikachu (and gesundtheit).
Can you please explain your situation in more detail? Normally, one does not conduct a seminar in a field in which one is not an expert. Do you happen to mean something a little less odious, such as a public speaking topic or a presentation to your class?
While thrust vectoring is a fairly simple concept on the surface, the aerodynamics involved are extremely complex. What level of detail are you interested in?

i am in my final year of my grad and hav been given dis topic for d seminar..
dis is a fairly new topic so my professor wants me to go in detail...
so any help regarding "d basics,aerodynamics,ways to vector d thrust wil be appreciated..."..

Search NASA site for pdf documnet. recently I did. but missed the link now.

I'm afraid that when I pointed out that it's very complex, I was also pointing out that I don't know anything about it. Fred, Russ, or others of their ilk are the experts. I was just trying to establish your situation.

please sombody answer i am hungry for thrust vectoring

What is thrust vectoring?

Thrust vectoring is a technology used in aircraft and spacecraft that allows the direction of the thrust from the engine to be manipulated in order to control the vehicle's movement.

How does thrust vectoring work?

Thrust vectoring works by using movable nozzles or vanes in the engine's exhaust to change the direction of the exhaust gases, which in turn changes the direction of the thrust and controls the vehicle's movement.

What are the benefits of thrust vectoring?

Thrust vectoring provides increased maneuverability and control for aircraft and spacecraft, allowing them to perform complex maneuvers and improve their performance in various flight conditions.

What types of aircraft use thrust vectoring?

Thrust vectoring is commonly used in fighter jets, such as the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II. It is also used in some commercial aircraft, including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Are there any disadvantages to thrust vectoring?

While thrust vectoring provides many benefits, it also adds complexity and weight to the aircraft, which can increase maintenance and production costs. It also requires additional training for pilots to effectively use the technology.