KiloNewton/Pound foot of thrust into Horsepower units

In summary, arjun is asking for help converting different units of measurement into each other. He is specifically looking for help with converting engine thrust into horsepower and watts. He states that this is a very basic conversion and he is struggling to derive precise equations. He has found information on google and wikipedia, but would appreciate help from an expert.
You're right. As technology advances, VTOL will become more competitive with conventional fixed wing.

Physics news on Phys.org
David Lewis said:
You're right. As technology advances, VTOL will become more competitive with conventional fixed wing.
I believe VTOLs will add to the vital side of aviation nomenclature of near future, let's say within a decade or so if I am not over stating. The reliability, frugality, handling parameters, usability and overall performance criteria of conventional fixed wing planes I don't think can be competed with in the traditional operational domains, at least not in foreseeable future.

David Lewis said:
My understanding is a photon will warp spacetime because of its momentum.
Relativity equation states that energy of a particle is product of its mass and square of its velocity at the speed of light. At this state the particle mass simply converts to energy aligned to universal law of conservation of energy. To go beyond spacetime threshold a force has to be acting on the photon by virtue of its change in momentum or simply it needs to accelerate, p=mv or f=m(v2-v1) which is not possible in our dimension so thankfully spacetime would stay intact. Am i right?

Last edited:
This thread has veered a ways off-topic now, so it's a good time to tie it off. Thank you to all who contributed. :smile: