Time pressure adhesive dispenser

In summary, the design procedure for a time pressure adhesive dispenser (syringe type) should consider factors such as the type of adhesive and its viscosity, desired volume of adhesive to be dispensed, and the application requirements. Equations can be derived to control the volume of adhesive by researching and analyzing similar equipment and applications, such as those offered by Liquid Control Corporation and GRACO Inc.
Abhishek_D
I wanted know the design procedure to design an time pressure adhesive dispenser( syringe type). What are the factors i should consider? How can i derive equations to control the volume of adhesive to be dispensed?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Abhishek_D said:
I wanted know the design procedure to design an time pressure adhesive dispenser( syringe type). What are the factors i should consider? How can i derive equations to control the volume of adhesive to be dispensed?
Welcome to the PF.

I've worked with Liquid Control Corporation in Canton Ohio (USA) on epoxy dispensers for electronic component potting applications. They have great stuff, and were acquired by GRAYCO Inc. a while back. Maybe browse through some of their equipment and applications to see if that helps:

http://www.graco.com/us/en/products/application/encapsulation-and-potting.html

...and click on some of the applications like "Potting" :smile:

1. What is a time pressure adhesive dispenser?

A time pressure adhesive dispenser is a device used to dispense adhesive materials such as glue or sealants in a controlled manner. It operates by applying pressure to a cartridge or container containing the adhesive, causing it to flow out of a nozzle or tip at a desired rate.

2. How does a time pressure adhesive dispenser work?

A time pressure adhesive dispenser works by using a pneumatic or electric pump to apply pressure to a cartridge or container holding the adhesive. The pressure forces the adhesive out of a nozzle or tip at a steady rate, allowing the user to control the amount and placement of the adhesive. Some dispensers also have adjustable settings for pressure and flow rate.

3. What are the benefits of using a time pressure adhesive dispenser?

Time pressure adhesive dispensers offer several benefits, including precise and controlled dispensing of adhesives, reduced waste and mess, and increased efficiency and speed in application. They also allow for accurate and consistent application, which is important in industries such as manufacturing and construction.

4. Are there different types of time pressure adhesive dispensers?

Yes, there are different types of time pressure adhesive dispensers, including manual, pneumatic, and electric models. Manual dispensers require the user to physically press down on the cartridge to dispense the adhesive, while pneumatic and electric dispensers use air or electricity to apply pressure. There are also handheld and benchtop versions available.

5. What factors should I consider when choosing a time pressure adhesive dispenser?

When choosing a time pressure adhesive dispenser, consider the type and viscosity of the adhesive you will be dispensing, the volume and frequency of use, and the level of precision and control needed for your application. It is also important to consider the dispenser's pressure and flow rate capabilities, as well as its compatibility with different nozzle sizes and types.