Top Software Picks for Electric Circuit Diagram Design

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of designing electric circuit diagrams and the recommendation for software to use. The speaker suggests using VISIO, but acknowledges that there may be better options available, such as Qucs, Diagram Maker, Electric, TinyCAD, and graphical front ends for applications like PSPICE. The speaker suggests exploring these options through a Google search.
lendav_rott
Hello, I wasn't sure where exactly to make the topic.

The question is what kind of program/software would you recommend using for designing electric circuit diagrams.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
I use VISIO but it's expensive and doesn't do any kind of circuit analysis, just let's you draw stuff very nicely. There are probably better apps out there today. I've been using VISIO for 15+ years and don't use it enough to try to find anything better.

There are options out there...you got to google it.

Start by investigating programs like Qucs, Diagram Maker, Electric, TinyCAD; also, I bet webpages for traditionally non-graphical applications like the famous PSPICE are starting to refer to graphical front ends put together by the same team or a third party.

Related to Top Software Picks for Electric Circuit Diagram Design

1. What are the top software picks for electric circuit diagram design?

The top software picks for electric circuit diagram design are Altium Designer, CircuitMaker, Eagle PCB, Proteus PCB Design, and EasyEDA.

2. Can these software programs be used for both simple and complex circuit designs?

Yes, these software programs have features that cater to both simple and complex circuit designs. They have a variety of tools and options that allow for flexibility and customization.

3. Are there any free options available for electric circuit diagram design?

Yes, there are several free options available such as CircuitMaker, Eagle PCB, and EasyEDA. However, these programs may have limited features compared to their paid counterparts.

4. Can these software programs simulate and test circuit designs?

Yes, most of these software programs have simulation and testing capabilities. They allow users to analyze and troubleshoot circuit designs before physically building them.

5. Are these software programs user-friendly for beginners?

Some of these software programs may have a steeper learning curve, but they often come with tutorials and support to help beginners get started. Additionally, many of them have user-friendly interfaces to make the design process easier for beginners.