Total Heat Flow Calculation for Isothermal Expansion of Diatomic Gas

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
brandonmm1
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



n = 3.8-mol of diatomic gas is allowed to expand isothermally from Vini = 1.9-m3 to Vfin = 10.5-m3. The initial pressure is Pini = 1.38-atm. After this the gas is raised at a constant volume by a temperature ΔT = 35-K. Calculate the total heat flow into the gas.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Please show your attempt at a solution (forum rules).
 
CWatters said:
Please show your attempt at a solution (forum rules).
I tried to use the Q=-W formula for isothermal. But I don't know how to find the W. Other than that, I also tried to use the graph and find the integral, but in using the graph some of the information given is not used(temperature)
 
Assuming that the expansion is carried out reversibly, what is your algebraic result for the amount of work that is done?