Toyota paint code -- Here is where to find it on the vehicle

  • Topic: Auto/Motor 
  • Thread starter Thread starter jim hardy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Code Paint Vehicle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Dearly Missed
Messages
9,864
Reaction score
4,896
Today i learned where to find the Toyota paint code.
It's on the VIN sticker which is on driver's side doorjamb.
Bottom left corner of the sticker has a "T/C" followed by a 3 character code.
If anybody needs some touchup paint for a gray Toyota with code 1H5 i have a fresh 1 oz vial that i will mail to any PF'er who can use it. (Assuming USPS will accept it)

I guessed from a color chart and was of course off a little bit, had to go back for another vial of the right color. Hate to see it go to waste. old jim
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DryRun, jedishrfu, YoungPhysicist and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for sharing!

I usually wound up going to the dealer and telling them what car type I had and they would get me the proper paint touch up kit.
 
jedishrfu said:
I usually wound up going to the dealer

We have a local paint supply guy who mixes paint for all the body shops in the area.
Takes him about ten minutes if you have the paint code from the VIN plate.

The instant gratification not to mention perfect match was well worth the ten bucks.

I wonder where i put vial of 1H5 ? Somebody's going to need it...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu
jim hardy said:
I wonder where i put vial of 1H5 ? Somebody's going to need it...
Found it . I did mention it's free, didnt i? Surely somebody has a 1H5 Toyota with a scratch.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff