Translate An opAmp integrator to a OTA-C one

  • Thread starter Thread starter Turin231
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Opamp
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Turin231
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I have a fliter that uses OpAmp based integrator. I want to make the same filter but using OTA-C instead of opamps. But I'm confused on the process of doing that. Anyone can help me on how to get the same behavior from the transition from one to an other?In other words translating the RC values in the omAmp version into the OTA version with the same behaviour

OpAmp integrator

http://www.art-sci.udel.edu/ghw/phys245/05S/classes/images/opamp-integrator.gif

OTA-C integrator

[PLAIN]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7088/otacinter.jpg

The ota will be a simple differential pair with resistors as loads.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Turin231 said:
I have a fliter that uses OpAmp based integrator. I want to make the same filter but using OTA-C instead of opamps. But I'm confused on the process of doing that. Anyone can help me on how to get the same behavior from the transition from one to an other?In other words translating the RC values in the omAmp version into the OTA version with the same behaviour

OpAmp integrator

http://www.art-sci.udel.edu/ghw/phys245/05S/classes/images/opamp-integrator.gif

OTA-C integrator

[PLAIN]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7088/otacinter.jpg

The ota will be a simple differential pair with resistors as loads.

Welcome to the PF!

What's an OTA? What is the context of the question? (School project, personal project, etc.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This may be part of a university project..


OTA: I mean operational trans-impedance amplifier.