Transposition of formula(inductance)

• Thread starter NUMB_NUTS
  • Start date
In summary, transposition of formula (inductance) is a mathematical process used to rearrange equations related to inductance in order to make them easier to solve for a specific variable. It is important in science as it allows for easier manipulation of equations and is especially useful in the design and analysis of electronic circuits and devices. The steps involved in transposition of formula (inductance) include identifying the variable to be solved for, isolating that variable, and rearranging the equation according to mathematical rules. While it can be applied to any equation related to inductance, there may be limitations if the equation is too complex or if there are multiple variables involved. In these cases, other methods may need to be used to solve
NUMB_NUTS
Hi i hope you can help me?
My question is:

Given the relationships:

B/h = U, H = IN/l and L = N x dphi/dI {ie, L = N x change in phi/change in I}.

show that the inductance of the coil is:

L = Nsquared/S Where S = l/uA ??

.l is lower case L for length
.U is absolute permeability.
your help would be most welcome please many thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you got any ideas on how you might find the equation for the inductance of a solenoid?

Hi, thank you for reaching out for help with transposition of the formula for inductance. I would be happy to assist you with this question.

First, let's review the given relationships:

B/h = U
H = IN/l
L = N x dphi/dI

We can see that the first two relationships involve magnetic field strength (B) and magnetic flux density (H), while the third relationship involves inductance (L). In order to solve for L, we need to eliminate B and H from the equations.

To do this, we can rearrange the first equation to solve for B, giving us B = U x h. We can then substitute this into the second equation, giving us H = IN/(U x h). Next, we can rearrange the third equation to solve for dphi/dI, giving us dphi/dI = L/N. We can then substitute this into the second equation, giving us H = IN/(U x h) = IN/(U x h) x (L/N). Simplifying this, we get H = IL/(U x hN).

Now, we can substitute this value for H into the first equation, giving us:

B/h = U x (IL)/(U x hN)

Simplifying this, we get B/h = IL/(hN)

Next, we can rearrange this to solve for L, giving us L = B x hN/I. Finally, we can substitute the given values for B and hN, giving us L = (N x dphi/dI) x (hN/I). Simplifying this, we get L = N x (dphi/dI) x (hN/I).

Now, we can rearrange this to get L = N x (hN/I) x (dphi/dI). Since we know that hN/I is equal to 1/uA, we can substitute this into the equation, giving us L = N x (1/uA) x (dphi/dI). Simplifying this, we get L = N x dphi/dI x (1/uA).

Finally, we can rearrange this to get L = N x (1/uA) x dphi/dI. Since we know that 1/uA is equal to l/U, we can substitute this into the equation, giving us L = N x (l/U) x dphi/dI. Simplifying

What is transposition of formula (inductance)?

Transposition of formula (inductance) is a mathematical process used to change the position of variables in an equation related to inductance. It allows for the equation to be rearranged in a way that makes it easier to solve for a specific variable.

Why is transposition of formula (inductance) important in science?

Transposition of formula (inductance) is important in science because it allows for easier manipulation of equations related to inductance, which is a fundamental concept in fields such as physics and engineering. It also helps in the design and analysis of electronic circuits and devices.

What are the steps involved in transposition of formula (inductance)?

The steps involved in transposition of formula (inductance) include identifying the variable to be solved for, isolating that variable on one side of the equation, and rearranging the equation according to mathematical rules to solve for the desired variable.

Can transposition of formula (inductance) be applied to any equation related to inductance?

Yes, transposition of formula (inductance) can be applied to any equation related to inductance, as long as the equation follows the basic laws and principles of mathematics.

Are there any limitations to transposition of formula (inductance)?

Transposition of formula (inductance) may not always be possible if the equation is too complex or if there are multiple variables involved. In these cases, other methods such as substitution or elimination may need to be used to solve for the desired variable.