Trig Graphing Questions: Given graph find the function

In summary, the conversation discusses solving for questions 26, 27, and 30 related to trigonometric functions and graphs. The speaker mentions understanding the unit circle and the values of sin and cos at different degrees. They also use this knowledge to solve for question 26 and determine the period and zeros for question 27. In question 30, they identify the graph as a reflection of y=ln(x) over the x-axis.
captainnumber36
How do I solve these?
D9sYfg1.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/NvzxFcS

Mathematics news on Phys.org
26, 27 and 30 and the ones I'm not sure on. If you click on the link, you will find question 30.

What I know is, Cos (x) is the X-axis and Sin (x) is the Y-axis. I also know the X stands for the degrees and that the value of sin or cos (x) is the value on the unit circle for that degree.

I think I figured out 26. Since I know it's a Cos graph by the way it looks and since I know the amplitude of the Cos (X) is .5, that's how I know A. is correct.

For 27, I know the Y axis = 0 at 0, 180 and 360 degrees. This translates to the radian values and I do the math and find my answer to be five. (More explanation would be nice on this).

For 30, I think I just need to look at those kinds of graphs so I know what they look like.

26. correct

27. period of $y=\sin(2x)$ is $\pi$ ... five zeros on the given interval is correct $\bigg\{0,\dfrac{\pi}{2}, \pi , \dfrac{3\pi}{2}, 2\pi \bigg\}$

605VOIg.jpg

30. The graph is $y=\ln{x}$ reflected over the x-axis, making it $y=-\ln{x}$

skeeter said:
26. correct

27. period of $y=\sin(2x)$ is $\pi$ ... five zeros on the given interval is correct $\bigg\{0,\dfrac{\pi}{2}, \pi , \dfrac{3\pi}{2}, 2\pi \bigg\}$
30. The graph is $y=\ln{x}$ reflected over the x-axis, making it $y=-\ln{x}$

Thanks!

1. What is the purpose of trigonometry graphing?

Trigonometry graphing is used to visually represent the relationship between trigonometric functions and their corresponding values. It allows us to see the patterns and behaviors of these functions and make predictions about their values.

2. How do I read a trigonometry graph?

On a trigonometry graph, the x-axis represents the input values (angles) and the y-axis represents the output values (trigonometric function values). The points on the graph correspond to specific input and output values, and the shape of the graph shows the behavior of the function.

3. How do I find the function given a trigonometry graph?

To find the function from a trigonometry graph, you need to identify the type of function (sine, cosine, tangent, etc.), its amplitude, period, and phase shift. From there, you can write the equation of the function in the form y = a*sin(bx + c) or y = a*cos(bx + c), where a, b, and c are constants.

4. What are the key features of a trigonometry graph?

The key features of a trigonometry graph include the amplitude (the maximum distance from the x-axis), the period (the distance between two consecutive peaks or troughs), and the phase shift (the horizontal shift of the graph). These features help determine the behavior and equation of the function.

5. How can I use trigonometry graphing to solve real-world problems?

Trigonometry graphing can be used to solve real-world problems, such as finding the height of an object using the tangent function or calculating the distance between two points using the Pythagorean theorem. By understanding the patterns and behaviors of trigonometric functions, we can apply them to real-life situations and make accurate calculations.