1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trouble finding velocity equation

1. Apr 6, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The problem given has a(t) = C*t where C is a constant and equals 1.2 m/s^3 and t is time. It says velocity after 1.0 second is 5.0 m/s. The question is, what is the velocity after 3.6 seconds. I don't know if I can integrate to get the velocity equation or not. Please help.
    Thanks!

2. Relevant equations
    a(t) = C*t

3. The attempt at a solution
    I tried to integrate to get the velocity equation from the acceleration equation given and solving from there but was not the right answer.
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2009 #2

rl.bhat

Homework Helper

Find integration. Using the value of velocity( 5m/s) and time(1s) find the constant of integration. Repeat the integration for 3.6s and put the calculated constant of integration to get the final answer.

4. Apr 6, 2009 #3
    Thank you for the help. I believe I was leaving out the constant that is added to the equation when integrating. Thanks again!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook