Troubleshooting Help: Missing Post Number on Physics Forums

• Thread starter ArmanCham
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with the post counter on the Physics Forums website. It is noted that posts made on the mobile app do not count towards the post count, and posts made in the PF Lounge forums also do not contribute to the count. The issue is clarified and the participants express their understanding.
Physics news on Phys.org
Did you use the mobile app? It has issues with the post counter.

App and also in internet

See I post three but there write 2 (I posted more then three)

Also note that posts in the PF Lounge forums, which this is a part of, do not count in your post count.

Zz.

Again, as has been mentioned, if you use the mobile app, the forum software does not count your posts. So unless you can verify which ones you made via the app and which ones on the webpage itself, it is hard to know if there is a real bug here or not.

Summarizing:

Posts made via the app do not add to your post count
Posts made in the PF Lounge forums do not add to you post count

Is this clear?

Zz.

Ok I understand thank you

Ok I got it thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Troubleshooting Help: Missing Post Number on Physics Forums

1. What does "missing post number" mean on Physics Forums?

"Missing post number" refers to a situation where a post or comment on the Physics Forums website does not have a visible number associated with it. This can make it difficult to reference or link to the post in discussions or debates.

2. How does a post number go missing on Physics Forums?

There are a few reasons why a post number may go missing on Physics Forums. It could be due to a technical glitch or error, a deleted post, or a post being moved to a different thread or forum.

3. Can a missing post number be restored on Physics Forums?

In most cases, a missing post number cannot be restored on Physics Forums. However, if the post was simply moved to a different thread or forum, the post number will reappear once the post is located.

4. How can a missing post number affect discussions on Physics Forums?

A missing post number can make it challenging to follow or reference specific posts in discussions on Physics Forums. This can lead to confusion and may disrupt the flow of the conversation.

5. Is there a way to prevent post numbers from going missing on Physics Forums?

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent post numbers from going missing on Physics Forums. However, you can try to save a copy of the post or comment for your own reference in case it does go missing in the future.