1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trussed Framework Coursework, Static Analysis, ECCENTRIC CONNECTIONS

1. Nov 28, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The attached pdf shows the whole problem. I have a deadline of Wednesday for this and am absolutely stuck!

2. Relevant equations
    N/A

3. The attempt at a solution

I have figured out parts a, b, and d. I was wondering whether anyone can help or point me in the right direction with regards to parts c and e.

for part c, I think that it isn't too complicated but I just don't know what to do with the eccentric connections.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2011 #2

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The eccentric connections won't change the member axial forces much. For chord bending, you can assume a pinned pinned beam 6 m long with a force equal to the perpendicular component of the diagonal member force, applied 25 mm from one end.

4. Nov 29, 2011 #3
    Thanks for that PhanthomJay, I was thinking along those lines, just needed someone to back me up. Will give it a proper go now!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook