1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Try this out for size

1. Nov 26, 2007 #1
    Who can solve this here

a. complete the chart for each problem
    b. use the chart to write an equation
    c. solve the equation and answer the question, explain if there is no solution

At a sandwich shop, sandwiches cost $1.50 each and fruit drinks $.40 each. If a bill for an order of 20 items was $17, how many fruit drinks were ordered.

Here's the chart

1.Number of each * 2.Value = 3.Total value
    Fruit drinks: 1. x 2. .40 3.fill in the blank

Sandwiches: 1. fill in blank 2. 1.50 3.fill in the blank
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You were supposed to have read the guidelines when you registered for the forum! Thus, you should know that no one is going to do your homework for. That wouldn't help you or us. Try the problem your self so we will know what kind of help you need. (As far as I can see, there is no way to simply "write down" the information in the blanks. You will need to set up two equations and then solve the equations simultaneously to find the information you need.)
  4. Nov 30, 2007 #3
    Hey I know I all ready turned it it and got it back i was just trying to see who all knew there wasn't a possible answer.
  5. Nov 30, 2007 #4
    ok, we're not that stupid.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?