Trying to understand Quantum Entanglement, String Theory, and the BB

In summary, Tomrin is asking questions about how quantum particles might have held together the singularity in the past. He also asks about the effects of space on quantum particles and whether or not space actually matters. He also asks about the effects of quantum entanglement on two particles.
Tomrin
Consider me physics illiterate since my last class was advanced placement physics in high school (over 20 years ago). I am trying to understand what the title says, How does quantum entanglement, string theory, and the BB fit together?

Skipping to the meat of the subject, everything revolves around the interactive relations of quarks and other sub particles. We are trying to understand how those particles relate to one another now, but how would they have interacted before the BB? Could they have caused the BB?

Could quantum particles have held the singularity together by threading through the various dimensions and alternate universes contained within the singularity? Could those particles still be trying to follow those same thread paths thru the inflated universe we live in? I have read about quantum particles that blink out of existence only to reappear. Are those particles going into another dimension or alternate universe? Would space (distance) actually matter if particles can travel multidimensional or thru alternate universes?

When two particles are exhibiting quantum entanglement, are they ignoring space and only obeying rules of time?

If particles do try to adhere to the same paths through the universe today, as they did prior to the BB in the singularity, would this explain gravity? The slowing of inflation to cause contraction back to a singularity? The hangup for me is space as the particles seem, as in quantum entanglement, to ignore distance but act in time.

See, told you I was physics illiterate. Hopefully I do not ruffle feathers by asking questions this way. Understanding the math is not my strong point, understanding the explanations by those who can do the math is better suited for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Tomrin said:
Consider me physics illiterate since my last class was advanced placement physics in high school (over 20 years ago). I am trying to understand what the title says, How does quantum entanglement, string theory, and the BB fit together?

Skipping to the meat of the subject, everything revolves around the interactive relations of quarks and other sub particles. We are trying to understand how those particles relate to one another now, but how would they have interacted before the BB? Could they have caused the BB?

Could quantum particles have held the singularity together by threading through the various dimensions and alternate universes contained within the singularity? Could those particles still be trying to follow those same thread paths thru the inflated universe we live in? I have read about quantum particles that blink out of existence only to reappear. Are those particles going into another dimension or alternate universe? Would space (distance) actually matter if particles can travel multidimensional or thru alternate universes?

When two particles are exhibiting quantum entanglement, are they ignoring space and only obeying rules of time?

If particles do try to adhere to the same paths through the universe today, as they did prior to the BB in the singularity, would this explain gravity? The slowing of inflation to cause contraction back to a singularity? The hangup for me is space as the particles seem, as in quantum entanglement, to ignore distance but act in time.

See, told you I was physics illiterate. Hopefully I do not ruffle feathers by asking questions this way. Understanding the math is not my strong point, understanding the explanations by those who can do the math is better suited for me.

Welcome to PhysicsForums, Tomrin!

You have some good questions. However, it is not really possible to answer your speculative ideas since you don't yet have a suitable foundation for an answer. For example, the question "Could quantum particles have held the singularity together by threading through the various dimensions and alternate universes contained within the singularity?" leads me to ask: what singularity? We don't actually know there was such a thing. Alternate universes? Who says there are any? Etc.

My point is that before asking such a question, you have some work to do to understand where science is currently at. Otherwise, you risk just throwing out some buzzwords that you don't fully understand and expecting someone more knowledgeable to make some sense of it. That probably won't happen around here, as idle speculation wastes time. But if you can re-formulate the questions in a more scientific format, that would be more likely to get the results you seek.

Thanks for the reply DrChinese, I will refine the questions. I know what I am trying to ask, but putting the questions into something coherent is the problem. Will research more to help facilitate the answering of the questions.

As I said, not very literate in physics, so will refine and be specific and not speculative.

Btw, have been to your site and found the posts and links interesting and helpful. Should have spent more time there before posting here.

1. What is Quantum Entanglement?

Quantum Entanglement is a phenomenon in which two particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even when they are separated by large distances. This connection is known as "entanglement" and is a fundamental principle in quantum mechanics.

2. What is String Theory?

String Theory is a theoretical framework that attempts to reconcile and unify the laws of physics by describing the fundamental building blocks of the universe as tiny, vibrating strings instead of point-like particles. It proposes that the universe is made up of multidimensional strings that vibrate at different frequencies, giving rise to the various particles and forces we observe.

3. What is the Big Bang?

The Big Bang theory is the leading explanation for the origin and evolution of the universe. It suggests that the universe began as a singularity - a point of infinite density and temperature - and has been expanding and cooling over billions of years, giving rise to the formation of galaxies, stars, and planets.

4. How are Quantum Entanglement, String Theory, and the Big Bang related?

Quantum Entanglement, String Theory, and the Big Bang are all concepts within the field of theoretical physics that attempt to explain the fundamental nature of the universe. String Theory and the Big Bang theory both rely on quantum mechanics and the principles of entanglement to explain the origins and behavior of the universe.

5. What are the potential implications of understanding Quantum Entanglement, String Theory, and the Big Bang?

If we are able to fully understand and prove the theories of Quantum Entanglement, String Theory, and the Big Bang, it could have immense implications for our understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and the nature of the universe. It could also lead to advancements in technology and potentially revolutionize our understanding of space and time.