1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tuning circuit in mobile handset system

1. Apr 14, 2015 #1
    Studying about Communication Skills specifically about mobile handset and how do they transmit and receive signals etc. I came across this question which states
    "Why does a mobile phone handset have a tuning circuit for reception stage but not for transmission?

The attempt at a solution
    I was thinking during the transmission stage you will be dealing with one particular type of carrier frequency, however when its time for receiving the signal since the aerial produces plenty of signals each time then a tuning circuit is needed to pick up the signal required. I wonder if what I stated is correct , please correct me if Im not.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

I think your answer is reasonable, but it would be good to know more about the context of the question. Depending on the modulation scheme used, a PLL may be used in transmission (for example in a frequency synthesizer circuit) as well as in reception.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted