Turbo-Jet Engine for Medium RC Aircraft

Arnendu Barman

Hello , I am thinking to work on a RC aircraft ( Airplane ) that can load a small supply of Medical Firstaid in small range. So I need to make it fast and stable. So I'm thinking to use a small Turbo-jet engine in it which will be home-made. Please suggest me -- (1) Is that makes any sense ? (2) If I use jet-engine in it, it will produce much heat that can melt the frame of the RC aircraft.. So what material should I use to make the frame? (3) Suggestions on the design of the Turbo-Jet engine (4) Which materials do I need to build it and How to build it ..
Your suggestions are highly expected ..
Thanking you
Arnendu

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
:welcome:

I just checked and found 158000 videos on youtube for RC "jet engine" you can learn from those.

You will need a lot of skills and machine tools to build your own.

Have you though about range? Usually, higher speeds mean shorter range.

Have you thought about control beyond your line-of-sight? If you let it fly far away, how will you land it? Most RC controllers have only a short range.

You can probably learn more on RC aircraft forums than you can here.

Good luck

CWatters

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
If you have never built and flown an RC plane then do not start with a gas turbine! Find a model club an ask someone if you can have a go. It is not as easy as it looks. Most new pilots _will_ crash their aircraft in seconds if they try and fly without instruction. Using a gas turbine engine means you will just crash faster.