Turning Phone Message into Sound File (.wav, etc)?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of turning a phone message into a sound file for further use. It is mentioned that the success of this process depends on where the message is stored and how it is saved. One suggestion is to use a VOIP service, but it did not work. Another suggestion is to play the message back and record it with another device using an audio cable.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi,
Someone tried to scam me a while back and they were stupid-enough to leave a message in my Android answering machine. Question: Is there a way of turning a phone message into a .wav, .mp3 or other type of sound file? I guess it depends on whether the message is stored in my end or in the provider's server and on how it is saved: In a sort of NoSQL database, or just thrown in in memory somehow? EDIT: I tried with a VOIP service, but could not make it work.
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Why not play it back and record with another device using an audio cable connect between devices?

Since your device is android it may the recording hidden somewhere as a file unless it was recorded elsewhere on an exchange or something.

1. How do I turn a phone message into a sound file?

To turn a phone message into a sound file, you will need to use a recording device or software on your phone to record the message. Once recorded, you can save the file as a .wav or any other audio file format.

2. What is the best file format for saving a phone message as a sound file?

The best file format for saving a phone message as a sound file is .wav. This format is uncompressed, which means it will preserve the quality of the original recording.

3. Can I convert a phone message to a sound file without using a computer?

Yes, you can convert a phone message to a sound file without using a computer. Many smartphones have built-in voice recording apps that allow you to save the recording as a sound file.

4. How can I edit a phone message sound file?

You can use audio editing software like Audacity or Adobe Audition to edit a phone message sound file. These programs allow you to trim, cut, and adjust the audio to your desired length and quality.

5. Can I convert a phone message sound file to other formats?

Yes, you can convert a phone message sound file to other formats using audio conversion software or online converters. Keep in mind that converting to a different format may impact the quality of the audio.