Two (possibly) simple derivations

• Thread starter andybham
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivations
In summary, a simple derivation is a mathematical process used to obtain a result by following logical steps from known principles or assumptions. Its purpose is to provide a clear and rigorous explanation of a mathematical concept or result. The key steps in a simple derivation include defining the problem, stating given principles or assumptions, applying logical reasoning and mathematical operations, and arriving at a supported conclusion. To avoid common mistakes, it is important to double-check steps and ensure logical soundness. Improving derivation skills can be achieved through a strong understanding of principles and concepts, as well as practice and repetition.
andybham
Can someone show me how to integrate any (or both) of these two simple equations. I have written down the equation that needs integrating and the final result and attached them as a pdf.

Regards,
Andy

Attachments

• derivations.pdf
    236.1 KB · Views: 243
Mathematics news on Phys.org
maybe the problem is here at my comp, but i cannot open what you have attached.

The attachment is pending approval. All attachments have to be approved by a mentor before they are viewable.

What is a simple derivation?

A simple derivation is a mathematical process in which a result is obtained by following a series of logical steps from known principles or assumptions. It is often used to prove a theorem or to find a solution to a problem.

What is the purpose of a derivation?

The purpose of a derivation is to provide a clear and rigorous explanation of a mathematical concept or result. It allows for a deeper understanding of the underlying principles and assumptions involved.

What are the key steps in a simple derivation?

The key steps in a simple derivation include defining the problem, stating any given principles or assumptions, applying logical reasoning and mathematical operations, and arriving at a conclusion that is supported by the initial principles.

What are the common mistakes to avoid in a derivation?

Common mistakes to avoid in a derivation include skipping steps or assumptions, making incorrect logical connections, and using incorrect mathematical operations. It is important to double-check each step and ensure that it is logically sound.

How can I improve my derivation skills?

To improve your derivation skills, it is important to have a strong understanding of the underlying principles and concepts involved. Practice and repetition can also help in developing a systematic approach to problem-solving and logical reasoning.