• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Courses UK University Recommmendations for Psychology/Neuroscience

• Thread starter cobalt124
  • Start date

cobalt124

Gold Member
My daughter has had to defer university application for a year and switch to "Plan B". Can anyone recommend UK universities giving courses relating to Psychology and Neuroscience (together if possible)? Also any refererence/text books that would be useful as an introduction to similar course(s)?

f95toli

Science Advisor
Gold Member
My step-son will (hopefully) start a MSc program in Neuroscience in the autumn.

We (mainly) looked at King's, Manchester, Edinburgh, York, Oxford and Cambridge.
Neuroscience is usually part of Bio-medicine (or in the case of Oxbridge and York Natural Sciences) which is typically in a different department from psychology; I might be wrong but the only place where there seemed to be a definite linkto Psychology was King's. I don't think there is necessarily much interaction between the two subjects at the undergraduate level.

cobalt124

Gold Member
Thanks for the advice, I'll pass it on. My daughter has looked at Kings and did mention Bio-medicine. Good luck with the MSc!