Unanswered threads feature restored in PF 4.0

  • Topic: Announcement 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
163 replies · 25K views
Down to 9 ... Merry Xmas :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
Physics news on Phys.org
Is it possible to introduce a distinction between "no replies" and "unanswered"? What I mean is, I made a thread the other day, and for reasons of clarity made a 2nd post, which now means my thread no longer shows up in "unanswered threads" despite in no way actually being answered. It seems "clear" to me that, even if a thread has "replies", if they're all the OP, it's still part of the "question asking". (In my case I was still within the Edit timeframe, so I could have appended Post #2 to it, but let's not forget that the Edit window is, for its own reasons, tightly restricted.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu
aphirst said:
Is it possible to introduce a distinction between "no replies" and "unanswered"? What I mean is, I made a thread the other day, and for reasons of clarity made a 2nd post, which now means my thread no longer shows up in "unanswered threads" despite in no way actually being answered. It seems "clear" to me that, even if a thread has "replies", if they're all the OP, it's still part of the "question asking". (In my case I was still within the Edit timeframe, so I could have appended Post #2 to it, but let's not forget that the Edit window is, for its own reasons, tightly restricted.)
It sort of is possible in the homework forums. Sometimes an advisor will mark it as solved. But inside that list it is not possible at the moment.
 
Wowzers !

upload_2018-3-16_15-54-16.png
 
Attachments
  • upload_2018-3-16_15-54-16.png
    upload_2018-3-16_15-54-16.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 703
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
Greg Bernhardt said:
Down to 4! We need some thread starters! :wideeyed::biggrin:
Is this because of Spring Break you reckon ?
 
Down to 3. Two of them are very specialized questions, and for the particle physics one I'm not sure if the question has a good answer.
 
mfb said:
Down to 3.
The Circuits question is low-hanging fruit -- I'll leave it to the hounds in the EE forum. :biggrin:
 
Charles Link said:
Back down to 9 again.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
and back to single digits again (8). I haven't really paid attention in past years but I assume it will stay relatively low during the summer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
phinds said:
and back to single digits again (8). I haven't really paid attention in past years but I assume it will stay relatively low during the summer.
Uh ... seems I was right:
upload_2018-7-27_9-41-28.png
 
Attachments
  • upload_2018-7-27_9-41-28.png
    upload_2018-7-27_9-41-28.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 471
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
This is probably the fewest threads I've seen in the unanswered box.
Capture.PNG


Any AMO expert want to try to make it zero?
 
Attachments
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 908
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
Charles Link said:
I replied to it, but I am too late. There are already a couple more.
We are now at zero. I just answered the latest unanswered thread.
 
No unanswered threads found in the last 8 days. Why not https://www.physicsforums.com/unanswered/threads?days=5000 instead?
Nothing after February 2018 due to Greg's bot.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link
Charles Link said:
We are now at zero=probably not for long. :)
We did it!:partytime:
(alternatively, we have just proven that question answerers have nothing better to do on a Friday evening than answer questions while question askers probably have much better things to be doing)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Charles Link and Tom.G