What does 35 kW cooling capacity mean for a fridge?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter TSN79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cooling
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
TSN79
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
A cooling system for a fridge at a store has a cooling effect of 35 kW. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what this actually tells me, iow what it means. Could someone explain it in some easy manner...?

When someone says that there is a cooling need for 35kW, I don't really get it. If someone said that this room needs to be cooled from 30C to 20C, I understand it a bit more, but to express these 10C of needed cooling in terms of kiloWatts is more than I understand...
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
TSN79 said:
A cooling system for a fridge at a store has a cooling effect of 35 kW. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what this actually tells me, iow what it means. Could someone explain it in some easy manner...?

The refrigerator is capable of sucking in 35 kJ of heat per second.

Zz.