1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unexpected NSERC win (Seeking career guidance)

1. Apr 3, 2009 #1
    Hi
    I just recieved word that I have won the NSERC scholarship that I applied for last September. Unfortunatly I had to leave my PhD position in high energy physics last December due to financial/family responsibilities. After some job searching the last few months I realize that I was naive to believe there would be jobs in this field. However this scholarship maybe an opportunity to turn this around. What kind of things could I study(not necessarily even in the area of physics) in order to ensure I will have a job when I graduate?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2009 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

As far as physics goes you could consider medical physics or geophysics. Both are very lucrative fields.

In my oinion, the key, whatever you pursue, is to develop some skills that are in demand in the real world.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook