Unified Theory of Everything - Figured Out

• Thread starter itwillend
  • Start date
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you...
I am trying to show how the biology of the human body and how it operates in a world of physics and natural selection will help us tie together even macro problems involving the universe at large.
Why are you trying to show this? You have a goal, but what is the basis for your idea? Is this an intuitive idea, or does some factual information drive you to this notion?

Because I lack the skill to articulate this in mathematics I can only try to explain the best I can. To me the broadest of questions should begin with the fact the universe has not destroyed itself or been destroyed by anything else.

What kinds of questions do you, someone learned way beyond myself ask about why the universe hasn't been destroyed yet, by itself or something else? Can we start here please?
Why would the universe have destroyed itself? Again, you are essentially positing a hypothesis that the universe should have been destroyed for some reason. Why?

Because I lack the skill to articulate this in mathematics I can only try to explain the best I can.
Mathematics is not limiting the imagination of people who make use of its rigor. The reason professional researchers use the language of mathematics (apart from the obvious requirement of quantitative predictions) is that mathematics is the only unambiguous language. Only with mathematics can one idea pass from one to another researcher. Words are only illustrations to the true content of the equations.

I think it would not be helpful to delude you into believing that you can contribute to understanding either the biology of the human body or "the universe at large" without mathematics. But let us assume that you do have a revolutionary new and important idea about those questions. Without mathematics you will not be able to develop your ideas to their full potential (make quantitative prediction), and most importantly you will not be able to communicate those ideas to other researchers (not only because the lack of any mathematics will harm your credibility, but also because without mathematics, your theory is only vaguely defined).

Danger
Gold Member
itwillend badly.
:rofl: :rofl:
For that seemingly innocuous and opportunistic sniping alone (ignoring your other worthy contributions) I nominate you for this year's Humour ribbon. That was just too good to be true. :biggrin:
(I say that semi-grudgingly, by the way, because I'm jealous that I didn't notice the opportunity myself.)

Just don't send it to Warren Siegel, because he has received enough number of such things
Not to me either; I can't read.

I guess I will never get anyone to help me understand what is in my head.
Sorry, pal. I don't even understand what is in my own head. (I suspect that there might be a vacuum leak involved, but I dare not investigate.)

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Thank you...
I am trying to show how the biology of the human body and how it operates in a world of physics and natural selection will help us tie together even macro problems involving the universe at large.
The earth is a small insignificant part of the universe - well, excpet that it is signficant to us. The universe has been around for billions of years - based on our observations of distant cosmological object - and the solar system (and our sun) has been around a few billion years (for much less than the universe). Humans live on average 80 years - so there's not a lot we will accomplish in one lifetime. We might understand a smidgeon of the universe.

We believe that in the future, probably 4 or 5 billion years, give or take, the sun will become a nova and subsequently shrink. During that phase, the earth will be surrounded by a hot plasma such that all life will cease to exist. Then the sun will get very small and the earth will be very cold. Humans could become extinct well before that, just as the dinosaurs and large mammals become extinct before us.

We might gradually understand the universe better given enough time and observation, with each generation passing along accumulated knowledge to subsequent generations.

There aren't really any macro problems in the universe, but rather just processes we are trying to understand.

To ITWILLEND

It is not easy for an outsider to be excepted by the status quo (University Professors). I have a theory and finished writing my book last year. It is on Amazon at this address.

Then came the rejection when I would try to talk to someone of such rank. The rejection was not based on my theory, but rather because the odds of someone like me finding a theory of everthing was practically zero (a professor said that to me). They did not want to hear what my theory was. I have not yet found a Professor to even listen to what my theory is about. It is easy to just quit after repeated insults. I did. Sorry I don't have good news, but I have already been in your shoes. It should be easier today to make contacts with the internet. Let me know if you find a valid listener. I wish you luck on your theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger
Gold Member
We believe that in the future, probably 4 or 5 billion years, give or take, the sun will become a nova and subsequently shrink.
You confuse me, dear friend. You're the one with the astrophysics degree, not me, but isn't that statement erroneous? I was under the impression that at least 1.3 Solar masses were required to achieve nova eruption. Red Giant should be the the worst that our sun can do to us. (I'm not taking that lightly; it will still wipe out the entire Solar system... just not explosively.) Am I misunderstanding something?

excepted
Wrong.

Then came the rejection when I would try to talk to someone of such rank. The rejection was not based on my theory, but rather because the odds of someone like me finding a theory of everthing was practically zero (a professor said that to me). They did not want to hear what my theory was. I have not yet found a Professor to even listen to what my theory is about. It is easy to just quit after repeated insults. I did. Sorry I don't have good news, but I have already been in your shoes. It should be easier today to make contacts with the internet. Let me know if you find a valid listener. I wish you luck on your theory.
Why do you need to talk to a professor about it? What do you hope to gain?

Danger
Gold Member
Wrong.
Nice catch. The language police never rest. (And dammit, I missed that one myself. I'm on a real roll here... my oblivion seems boundless. I can't even blame the Scotch this time; I'm pissed as a nit, but it's totally beside the point. The simple fact is that I skimmed the post first, and decided that it wasn't worth reading in depth. The obvious misuse of "excepted" slipped right by.)
Ironically, 42.85's opening sentence constitutes a double negative. It is wrong on 2 levels. The first is the lack of language skills which are overlookable since his intent was clear. The second is that it is incorrect even as written. Contrary to his assertion, it is very easy for an outsider to be excepted by the "Establishment". :biggrin:

Nice catch. The language police never rest. (And dammit, I missed that one myself. I'm on a real roll here... my oblivion seems boundless. I can't even blame the Scotch this time; I'm pissed as a nit, but it's totally beside the point. The simple fact is that I skimmed the post first, and decided that it wasn't worth reading in depth. The obvious misuse of "excepted" slipped right by.)
Ironically, 42.85's opening sentence constitutes a double negative. It is wrong on 2 levels. The first is the lack of language skills which are overlookable since his intent was clear. The second is that it is incorrect even as written. Contrary to his assertion, it is very easy for an outsider to be excepted by the "Establishment". :biggrin:
I wouldn't have said anything if he wasn't trying to sell a book. I just find the irony delicious.

I wouldn't have said anything if he wasn't trying to sell a book. I just find the irony delicious.
A mispelled word! We got him now!
When are the mind games going to end and we will have some serious discussion?
P.S. The book on amazon is not for sale. The account was closed months ago. But you got me again, right?

Evo
Mentor
When are the mind games going to end and we will have some serious discussion?
P.S. The book on amazon is not for sale. The account was closed months ago. But you got me again, right?
This is for serious discussion, that's why your link was deleted, but I allowed your post to remain as an example of what is not accepted by serious scientists.

Yes indeed!

This thread is awesome. Just out of curiosity (For you forum vets), how many people have proven that P=NP over the years?

This thread is awesome. Just out of curiosity (For you forum vets), how many people have proven that P=NP over the years?
I will prove it before i go to sleep.

Danger
Gold Member
I just find the irony delicious.
One can never have too much irony in one's diet. This instance tastes better than spinach.

how many people have proven that P=NP over the years?
Speaking as an alcoholic with a grade 9 math education, I can state definitively that P=beers/bathroom access.

OMG, I was posting a quite lengthy reply, and because I took a while to make it, my session timed out, and I lost everything I wrote. How frustrating. Can I set my timeout limit on here, or is it set in stone?

I will know now to type elsewhere and copy and past when ready, but that is hugely inconvenient.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
OMG, I was posting a quite lengthy reply, and because I took a while to make it, my session timed out, and I lost everything I wrote. How frustrating. Can I set my timeout limit on here, or is it set in stone?

I will know now to type elsewhere and copy and past when ready, but that is hugely inconvenient.
Yes, I know...it's happened to lots of people. I'm afraid it takes at least one experience like this to learn to either write your reply in a word processor or copy it before you click "Submit Reply" :frown:. At least, for long posts.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I do not believe this can be changed

Some people compose their longer posts externally. I just make it a habit to select all and copy just before submitting or previewing.

EDIT: Had this page open for too long before responding - lisab covered both of my suggestions.

Borek
Mentor
In Opera if I get back to the previous page forms are still filled - so I am not losing whatever I wrote.

In Opera if I get back to the previous page forms are still filled - so I am not losing whatever I wrote.
Same with my browser (chrome) [if the message is long, I still select all/copy as well...].

Danger
Gold Member
Same with my browser (chrome) [if the message is long, I still select all/copy as well...].
Roger that, although I'm using Safari. Back when I first joined PF, I was on Explorer (still on a Mac, of course, but before they had their own browser). I lost over 2 1/2 hours of composition due to the character limit. I can't say that it was anything important, but it did involve a lot of effort. I've always saved periodically during composition ever since. One of the things that I miss most about WordPerfect is that it automatically saved every 5 minutes.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One of the things that I miss most about WordPerfect is that it automatically saved every 5 minutes.
Most present day word processors (Pages, Word, even Gmail) still do that.

Danger
Gold Member
Most present day word processors (Pages, Word, even Gmail) still do that.
Hmmm... I was unaware of that. I have Word on 3 or 4 of my desk-top Macs and the Blueberry notebook, but haven't used it in at least a couple of years. (The versions that I have won't run on this Intel MacBook, and I can't afford to buy a new one.) Maybe they were saving so unobtrusively that I just didn't notice. I now use NeoOffice (open-source freebie). I'll take a closer look at it and see if it does the same.

Hi,

I had a similar problem, so I will tell you what I did.

At many junctures during the development of my theory, I would copyright it. Each time I did it costs $35 and could be done online. While that is not perfect, at least I could prove my priority. At 3 junctures over 12 years I re-published the theory in a book. My latest book was completed Jan 2010 with CreateSpace, where the book was published free and is for sale at Amazon.com for anyone to buy and read. (Create Space is owned by Amazon.com)

While I would want to publish also in a scientific journal, I suspect none would accept it. As someone else here has said, "I have to low a profile for the magnitude of my claims." If you have questions email me.

Don Wortzman
[Note: posted email address deleted by moderator. Please use the forum's Private Message system to contact members privately.]

Last edited by a moderator: