University of Calgary for engineering

In summary, the conversation discusses the University of Calgary's engineering program and questions whether it is a good school for civil or mechanical engineering. One person suggests choosing the most convenient option, while another mentions their cousin's success after graduating from the program. The conversation also mentions that all universities are essentially the same in terms of being money makers.
Checkfate
Hello,

Does anyone have anything to say about UofC's engineering program? The time is nearing for me to pick a school, and the most convienient one would be the University of Calgary. I looked for "top engineering schools in Canada," and UofC was on one or two of the lists, but not all of them. Anyone have an oppinion on whether or not they are a good school for civil engineering/mechanical engineering?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You mentioned; the most convenient one for you is University of Calgary, please go there. There is no good or bad one, all of them are the same, all universities are money makers which is fine.
My cousin graduated from the University of Calgary in Civil (construction) Engineering and is a BIG man in the Construction Consulting Firm, Mississauga, Ontario.

I cannot provide a personal opinion on the University of Calgary's engineering program. However, I can suggest that you do further research and consider factors such as the program's curriculum, faculty, research opportunities, and industry partnerships. Additionally, you can reach out to current students or alumni for their experiences and insights on the program. It is important to make an informed decision when choosing a university for your engineering education.

1. What engineering programs does the University of Calgary offer?

The University of Calgary offers a variety of engineering programs, including Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineering. They also offer a combined degree program in Energy and Environment Engineering.

2. How reputable is the engineering program at the University of Calgary?

The engineering program at the University of Calgary is highly reputable, consistently ranked as one of the top engineering schools in Canada. It is also internationally recognized for its research and innovation in the field of engineering.

3. What is the average class size for engineering courses at the University of Calgary?

The average class size for engineering courses at the University of Calgary varies depending on the specific program and level of study. However, most classes have an average size of 30-40 students, allowing for a personalized learning experience and opportunities for hands-on learning.

4. Is the University of Calgary's engineering program accredited?

Yes, the engineering program at the University of Calgary is accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB), ensuring that it meets the highest standards of education and prepares students for a successful career in engineering.

5. What opportunities for hands-on learning and co-op placements are available in the engineering program at the University of Calgary?

The University of Calgary offers a variety of hands-on learning opportunities for engineering students, including labs, design projects, and research opportunities. They also have a robust co-op program that allows students to gain practical experience in their field of study before graduation.