University - Physics or Mech Eng

In summary, the conversation is about choosing between studying Mechanical Engineering at Ryerson and Physics at the University of Toronto. The person prefers UofT because they personally enjoy physics and general sciences more, but they also mention the potential to transfer to Mech or double major if needed. They clarify that their decision is not based on an online poll and they would enjoy both options equally.

Pick One

• Ryerson

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • University of Toronto

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
joshmdmd
Ryerson: Mechanical Engineering BEng
University of Toronto: Physics and its Applications Hons BSc

Which would you pick?

Physics news on Phys.org
Would you rather study engineering or physics? I'd personally pick UofT since I prefer physics and general sciences over engineering.

Are you really basing your decision on an online poll?

Im not basing my decision on an online poll, I have to look some stuff up and this could offer some information.

I would enjoy both equally. If I go to UofT then I figure I would either transfer to Mech if I don't like it, or double major, or get a masters. If I go to Ryerson then I'll get my BSc and then find work.

What is the difference between University Physics and Mechanical Engineering?

University Physics is a broad field of study that focuses on the fundamental laws and principles of nature, while Mechanical Engineering is a specialized branch of engineering that deals with the design, analysis, and manufacture of mechanical systems. University Physics provides the foundational knowledge for understanding the physical world, while Mechanical Engineering applies this knowledge to practical applications.

What are the career opportunities for someone with a degree in University Physics or Mechanical Engineering?

A degree in University Physics can lead to a variety of career paths, including research, teaching, and working in industries such as aerospace, energy, and healthcare. Mechanical Engineering graduates can pursue careers in fields such as automotive, aerospace, manufacturing, and robotics.

What skills are necessary for studying University Physics or Mechanical Engineering?

To succeed in University Physics, students should have a strong foundation in mathematics, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. For Mechanical Engineering, students should also have a good understanding of physics and be able to apply mathematical concepts to real-world problems. Additionally, both fields require strong analytical and computational skills.

What are the major concepts covered in University Physics and Mechanical Engineering courses?

University Physics courses cover topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics. Mechanical Engineering courses focus on topics such as mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and materials science. Both fields also cover topics in mathematics, computer science, and experimental techniques.

Is it possible to double major in University Physics and Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, it is possible to double major in University Physics and Mechanical Engineering. However, it may require careful planning and a heavier course load. It is important to consult with advisors to ensure that all requirements for both majors are met.