Unknown android icon..what do you think?

• Thread starter Chud
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Whenever I turn on my hotspot, the hotspot icon appears but then second later this icon appears on upper left side. Anyone know what it is by any chance?
(the pic isnt screenshot obviously, but the icon looks identical to this. (the grey background = phone wallpaper)
I guess its related to hotspot but it must mean something additional to the regular hotspot icon right? thanks!
ICON.jpg

Attachments

Answers and Replies

Will it be possible to post a screenshot of the notification? Maybe you can darken out your wallpaper if privacy is your issue.

Generally I have a different icon for hotspot:

Screenshot_20190321-093037.png

But these do differ with mobile companies. Which phone are you using?

Attachments

thanks for replying. Its not privacy issue I just cant be bothered to sreenshot then upload. But the icon is precisely as i drew it. It shows up in upper left corner second after the hotspot icon appears. Kinda weird right?

The phone is a NUU A5L.. thanks!

Tom.G
Science Advisor
That link doesn't work for me. It redirects back to the page I was on. (right here!)
That was a pdf, I copied the link from google search.

The file has been attached.

Attachments

Thanks for the pdf! I didnt even think of looking in a manual. I just went through whole thing though and there is no icon that matches. Any other ideas by any chance? Thanks again!

Also I reset phone and it still shows up after turning on hotspot

Thanks for the pdf! I didnt even think of looking in a manual. I just went through whole thing though and there is no icon that matches. Any other ideas by any chance? Thanks again!
Unknown apps/malware? Go to Application manager under Settings, select Show System Apps (there should be an option), and check if it matches any app icon.

thanks I just checked all the apps with system checked and still no match.. Wouldnt reseting get rid of malware? Also I looked on this exhaustive glossary and it didnt match anything. thanks if you have any more ideas

thanks I just checked all the apps with system checked and still no match.. Wouldnt reseting get rid of malware? Also I looked on this exhaustive glossary and it didnt match anything. thanks if you have any more ideas
That's quite frustrating! By the way, which android version are you using?

thanks for all the help Wrichik (and TomG.) , I ended up calling manufacturer and it is an andoird system icon for hotspot options. I didnt think of this at the time but when you pull the drop down its right there and it says "android system" along with tethering info. But I think its overkill cuz theres already the hotspot icon but whatever...mystery icon solved. thanks for troubleshooting

thanks for all the help Wrichik (and TomG.) , I ended up calling manufacturer and it is an andoird system icon for hotspot options. I didnt think of this at the time but when you pull the drop down its right there and it says "android system" along with tethering info. But I think its overkill cuz theres already the hotspot icon but whatever...mystery icon solved. thanks for troubleshooting
Weird. I never saw an Android system icon on activating hotspot. Anyways, all's well that ends well.

Tom.G
Science Advisor
But I think its overkill cuz theres already the hotspot icon but whatever...
Maybe see if you can change the configuration of the 'hotspot' app to get rid of it. If not, call the manufacturer again; at least that way they will know it's an annoyance.

Cheers,
Tom