Unparticle physics is currently a very popular research area

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Demystifier
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Physics Research
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
14,924
Reaction score
7,634
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/hep-ph/0703260
Unparticle physics is currently a very popular research area. (The initial paper above published in Phys. Rev. Lett. is cited more than 100 times in less than a year.) Thus, it would be nice to have an unparticle thread on this forum as well.

For my contribution to this topic, in which I attempt to answer the question "What the hell unparticle really is?", see:
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/0801.4471
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ha, you jumped into the herd as well. I was tempted to write up a paper on them right after Georgi published b/c I knew a little about them already from recent research in conformal sectors.

Fun topic, if highly implausible. Already people have analyzed systems with dualities and they don't find any unparticle like spectrums at all, so its probably rarefied at some level..