shamfa0g Messages 3 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jan 24, 2011 #1 Is it possible to use 60# steam to generate electrical power. Regards,
russ_watters Mentor Insights Author Messages 23,902 Reaction score 11,357 Jan 24, 2011 #2 Certainly, though the efficiency of a steam plant depends mostly on its operating pressure and 60# is pretty low.
Certainly, though the efficiency of a steam plant depends mostly on its operating pressure and 60# is pretty low.
shamfa0g Messages 3 Reaction score 0 Jan 24, 2011 #3 Thanks russ, I am trying to utilize the excess 60# steam. Sometimes we vent the excess 60# steam due to low demand due to T&I shutdowns. Generally, I am looking for an idea to optimize the plant power using the 60# steam. regards,
Thanks russ, I am trying to utilize the excess 60# steam. Sometimes we vent the excess 60# steam due to low demand due to T&I shutdowns. Generally, I am looking for an idea to optimize the plant power using the 60# steam. regards,
russ_watters Mentor Insights Author Messages 23,902 Reaction score 11,357 Jan 24, 2011 #4 Why can't you just turn down the boiler?
shamfa0g Messages 3 Reaction score 0 Jan 24, 2011 #5 This is partial T&I shutdown, the bolier still needed for the running part of the plant.
russ_watters Mentor Insights Author Messages 23,902 Reaction score 11,357 Jan 24, 2011 #6 How much excess steam are we talking about? GE makes relatively small steam turbines - perhaps you could contact them: http://www.gepower.com/prod_serv/products/steam_turbines/en/downloads/steam_brochure.pdf Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
How much excess steam are we talking about? GE makes relatively small steam turbines - perhaps you could contact them: http://www.gepower.com/prod_serv/products/steam_turbines/en/downloads/steam_brochure.pdf