1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

V-I Color Index and Astronomical Catalog

1. Nov 26, 2007 #1
    Well, this is awkward.

I seem to have forgotten what star has a 0.0 value in the V-I color index. I almost want to say Vega but that's the 0.0 in the B-V color index.

I also seem unable to find raw data for the V-I color index values for spiral galaxies and was wondering if someone would be willing to assist.

If you have any questions, feel free to post. I also wanted to start a conversation in posting.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2007 #2
    I think your best bet would be to search for papers by Mike Bessell on ads abstract server. He was a pioneer in standardising photometric systems. Failing that, try looking for papers by Cousins from the late 70/early 80s.

4. Nov 26, 2007 #3
    I would totally kid you for giving a responce that didn't lend itself to discussion, but I lost this link months ago and had been looking for it.

I wish I could give high fives/respect knuckles over the internet.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?