Vandenbosch, Huizenga. Nuclear Fission

In summary, the conversation involved someone looking for a specific book on nuclear fission and asking for help. Suggestions were made to check Amazon, contact the publisher, or search for it in a library. A Google search revealed that the book is available for purchase at a high price, both in print and as an ebook.
majid313mirzae
i want this book- can anyone help me?
Vandenbosch, R. and J. R. Huizenga. Nuclear Fission, Academic, New York, 1973.

Physics news on Phys.org
majid313mirzae said:
i want this book- can anyone help me?
Vandenbosch, R. and J. R. Huizenga. Nuclear Fission, Academic, New York, 1973.

Did you look on Amazon?

Hmm, I'm not finding it on Amazon.com -- maybe try contacting the publisher directly...?

Why not check a library, if you are near one?

What is nuclear fission?

Nuclear fission is a process in which the nucleus of an atom splits into two or more smaller nuclei, releasing a large amount of energy. This process is used in nuclear power plants to generate electricity.

Who were Vandenbosch and Huizenga?

Vandenbosch and Huizenga were two scientists who co-wrote the book "Nuclear Fission" in 1973. They were both experts in the field of nuclear physics and made significant contributions to the understanding of nuclear fission.

How does nuclear fission work?

In nuclear fission, a neutron is fired at the nucleus of a uranium or plutonium atom, causing it to split into two smaller nuclei, releasing energy and more neutrons. These neutrons can then go on to split other nuclei, creating a chain reaction and releasing even more energy.

What are the potential benefits of nuclear fission?

Nuclear fission has the potential to provide a large amount of energy that can be used for electricity generation. It is also a relatively clean source of energy, producing minimal air pollution compared to fossil fuels.

What are the potential risks of nuclear fission?

The main risk of nuclear fission is the possibility of a nuclear accident, which can release harmful radiation into the environment. Improper disposal of nuclear waste can also have negative impacts on the environment and human health. Additionally, there are concerns about the potential use of nuclear fission materials for weapons purposes.