Looking for a book with an Overview of Nuclear and Particle Physics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
schmidtmazu
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am doing my PHD in Nuclear/Particle Physics and I am getting all of the information I am using from papers, which are very specific. I feel like I am lacking general knowledge, which is likely to be tested in the defense. Do you know any book where I can get a better overview on Nuclear and Particle Physics?

Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Halzen and Martin, Griffiths
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Halzen and Martin, Griffiths
andresB said:
Those are not about the nuclear.

In addition to Povh et al that @vanhees71 mentioned, there are also:
Martin, Nuclear and Particle Physics
Williams, Nuclear and Particle Physics
Das and Ferbel, Introduction to Nuclear and Particle Physics
Henley and Garcia, Subatomic Physics
Burcham and Jobes, Nuclear and Particle Physics
Blin-Stoyle, Nuclear and Particle Physics

The above are all introductions, while more advanced are:
Segre, Nuclei and Particles
Walecka, Theoretical Nuclear and Subnuclear Physics