Verification of String-In String Theory

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a simple proof for the existence of strings in String Theory, with the conclusion being that there is no such proof. The conversation also touches on other related topics such as the nature of photons and their properties, the concept of reference frames, and the phenomenon of wave-particle duality. It also includes a reference to an article about "overclocking" causing a rift in the space-time continuum, which is revealed to be a joke. Overall, the conversation covers various aspects of physics and theories, with a touch of humor.
Physics news on Phys.org
I was asking if we have some simple proof of the existence of the string in the String Theory

The proof of existence of strings in string theory? :confused: English is not my first language so your question seems weird to me. If you mean whether there's any simple proof for the existence of strings, then the answer is a definitive no.

1. There are no waves in photons. Photons (and other quantum objects) have properties similar to those of waves and to those of particles in classical physics. They're not really either.

2. ... in this universe...
It's the same universe.

I don't understand the third question. Do you mean reference frame by "reference"?

4. Wave-particle duality is a fact. It's not a problem, there's nothing about it to resolve in that sense.

5. Yes, strings and everything else, with a few conjectured exceptions (which include the vacuum state of the strings) .

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply Berislav stating there are no waves in photons. Not only
are there waves but the frequency of the waves in photons determines the color of light. All electomagnetic radiation moves in waves.

Basic online tutorial on light & photons as waves:

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/light/lighttoc.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you realize that that's a joke.

Chris Walters said:
Many thanks for your reply Berislav stating there are no waves in photons. Not only
are there waves but the frequency of the waves in photons determines the color of light. All electomagnetic radiation moves in waves.

Like I said photons have some properties similar to those of waves in classical mechanics.

Many thanks Doc Al: I was had by the website in question I quoted yesterday but do have a sense of humor and Berislavs note on wave and photos similarities are being
utilized more completely unify the ideas in the paper. Chris W

1. What is String Theory?

String Theory is a theoretical framework in physics that attempts to explain the fundamental nature of particles and their interactions. It proposes that the building blocks of the universe are not point-like particles, but rather tiny one-dimensional strings that vibrate at different frequencies.

2. How does String Theory relate to the verification of the theory?

The verification of String Theory involves testing the predictions and implications of the theory through various experiments and observations. This includes verifying the existence of strings and their properties, as well as the consistency of the theory with known physical laws.

3. What are some current methods used for verification of String Theory?

Some of the methods used for verification of String Theory include high-energy particle colliders, astrophysical observations, and mathematical calculations. These methods aim to detect the presence of strings and their effects on the behavior of particles and the universe as a whole.

4. What are the challenges in verifying String Theory?

One of the main challenges in verifying String Theory is the high energy required to observe the effects of strings, which is currently beyond the capabilities of our technology. Another challenge is the complexity of the theory itself, making it difficult to make testable predictions and interpretations.

5. Why is the verification of String Theory important?

The verification of String Theory is important because it has the potential to provide a unified understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and the nature of the universe. It could also lead to new technologies and advancements in our understanding of the world around us.