Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Verification of the existence of a scientific article

1. Aug 3, 2012 #1
    I have spent a lot of time trying to verify the existence of an alleged scientific article but have not been able to.

The only info I have about the article is the following text:

Maybe someone here is aware of this article and can provide the source.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2012 #2
    If that is all the info you have then why do you care to find it? There must surely be some relevant background information you have not mentioned.

4. Aug 3, 2012 #3

arivero

Gold Member

Call me paranoid, but based in the recent questions in this forum, I think that there is some scam going on, offering some incredible business oportunity based on pseudoscience. What i do not get is why is everyone asking in this forum, except if some keyword search is pointing here.

5. Aug 4, 2012 #4
    I care to find this article, just based on that text, because of what it implies to me.

The implied information is important to me and it has nothing to do with business opportunities based on pseudoscience.

P.S. I would love to thank a PF Mentor...

6. Aug 4, 2012 #5
    To the OP.
    Where did you get that paragraph? Knowing the origin might help

7. Aug 4, 2012 #6

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What do you actually want?

For what it's worth those words can be found here..

http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/hudson.htm

but do you want "the" 1960's paper?

8. Aug 4, 2012 #7
    Yes, the paper. That is not were i found it, but yes, the 1960's paper.

9. Aug 4, 2012 #8

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

The website looks a bit confusing. However, some things I found (no paper from 1960):

Spin density wave at Wikipedia:
    Related: Overhauser effect: "The Nuclear Overhauser Effect (NOE) is the transfer of nuclear spin polarization from one nuclear spin population to another via cross-relaxation."

Passing spins around without loss of energy sounds like Spin superconductors.

Concerning the next statement on the website CWatters linked:
    This looks like superconducting tunnel junction, but is different from superconducting materials in general.

This is wrong.
    And this part of the initial quote is wrong, too. Superconductivity was discovered in 1911 with mercury, and without any magnetic fields.

10. Aug 4, 2012 #9
    mfb, thank you for your analyses.

The Nuclear Overhauser Effect, is very close to the effect mentioned in the text, but it appears to lack the detail of a high-spin state induced by a magnetic field.

I found another link, related to the CWatters link, that appears to be closer to the article that i am looking for. This link,http://www.rexresearch.com/ormes/hudsnlec.htm, states:

11. Aug 6, 2012 #10
  12. Aug 6, 2012 #11

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook