Verify Net Force on 810kg Car Accelerating from Rest to 27m/s in 120m

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkslperez04
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
rkslperez04
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone,

Im studying for a test and wanted to verify my problems. I thought I would dabble on the dark side of the textbook and try the even ones too.

Can you verify my answer?

Kelly :)

A 810kg car accelerates from rest to 27m/s in a distance of 120m. That is the magitudeof the aver net force acting on the car?

Here is what I did.

1) step up my list of info:
Vi = 0
Vf = 27 m/s
a =
t =
x = 120 m

2) Figured I needed the F=MA equation

I have the mass so solve for acceleration.

3) a = Vf^2 - Vi^2 / 2x... which is: 27^2 / 2*120 = 3.075 m/s^2

I plugged A into the equation

4) F = (810 kg)(3.0375 m.s^2)
F = 2460.375


? did I get it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Great thanks.. got a few more i will post.. I would apperciate a second opinion and a nudge or two... :)