Very simple inorganic chemical reaction HELP

In summary, the conversation discusses a chemical reaction between KBr and NaOH, with the question of what the products of the reaction will be. It is suggested that the products will be KOH and NaBr, but it is also mentioned that all components will dissociate into ions. There is a possibility that water may act as a reagent and cause an acidic reaction, but there may also be no visible reaction due to the high solubility of all components. It is concluded that it is likely a simple double displacement reaction.
stamba
Hello.
Can you please help me with this reaction?

* KBr + NaOH --> ?*

Put KBr in boilling solution of NaOH. What are the products?

Physics news on Phys.org
If I'm not mistaken sorry if I'm wrong on this but I think it should be

KBr + NaOH --> KOH+ NaBr

However, all of those will dissociate into ions (on both sides of the equation). Maybe you have to assume that water is a reagant because it is a solution of NaOH, and then it will be an acidic reaction. I may be off though...

Maybe you'll observe no visible reaction since both the reactants and products are very soluble. But it should be a simple double displacement reaction I think

1. What is a simple inorganic chemical reaction?

A simple inorganic chemical reaction is a process in which two or more inorganic substances combine to form a new substance or substances.

2. What are some examples of simple inorganic chemical reactions?

Some examples of simple inorganic chemical reactions include the combination of sodium and chlorine to form sodium chloride (table salt) and the reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide to form water and sodium chloride.

3. What factors can affect the rate of a simple inorganic chemical reaction?

The rate of a simple inorganic chemical reaction can be affected by factors such as temperature, concentration of reactants, and the presence of a catalyst.

4. How can simple inorganic chemical reactions be represented?

Simple inorganic chemical reactions can be represented using chemical equations, which show the reactants on the left side and the products on the right side, with an arrow in between to indicate the direction of the reaction.

5. Why are simple inorganic chemical reactions important?

Simple inorganic chemical reactions are important because they are the basis for many biological and industrial processes. They also play a crucial role in the formation and maintenance of the Earth's atmosphere and contribute to the production of essential substances such as fertilizers and medicines.