Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Video Recommendations for Black Holes & other space-related phenomena

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1
    I am currently a student-teacher pursuing my teaching certificate for high school physics. Over the past month or so, my students have been asking a lot about black holes. Since they are showing such an interest in space, I thought it might be a good idea to find a video to show them to connect their interest in black holes with the material that we have been covering over the past several months. Does anyone have any recommendations for a video that would tie the concepts of black holes to physics?

Thank you in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2
    I'm probably wrong, but there aren't too many black hole movies. I have watched this one,

Obiviously your students want to see a lot of animations of bloody holes, but in this one there aren't any. Guy only talks about black holes without actually showing anything. I think you'd better do showing them some movie on N. Tesla, indeed it would impress them much more than black holes that people aren't even sure that are holes.

Tesla - the genius who lit the world

Missing secrets of Nikola Tesla

I'd suggest the first one, first :rolleyes:
  4. Apr 30, 2006 #3
    I believe the Discovery Channel had something on supermassive black holes a little while back, so I'm sure they have it on DVD by now. I didn't catch it personally, however, so I can't tell you much about it.
  5. Jun 12, 2007 #4
  6. Jun 14, 2007 #5

Could you please give us the pass for RAR as well. Thank you.
  7. Jun 18, 2007 #6
    I would be interested to watch this also. :D
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?