1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Visualization of a particle model easiest way?

1. Jul 25, 2006 #1
    Hello,
    I have a working monte carlo model of a system of cobalt nanoparticles. I am looking for a way to visualize their locations, as output from the model in the form of files with (x,y) or (x,y,z) coordinates. I also need to shown on the same image the vectors showing their magnetic moments (output from simulation as angles form 0 to 2pi). I have been using gnuplot up to this point, but now i need to show two different radii of particles and I can not have gnuplot draw circles of specific sizes. All I can do is play with the point size, but this is in any way connected to the mathematical real scale of the graph gnuplot outputs. I would like to get this visualization as quickly as possible so I can actually spend time working on the model instead of drawing circles.
    Essentially, I just need to draw circles with specific radii and arrows at certain angles using data loaded from a text file.
    What is the quickest way to do this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2006 #2
    I can recommend the use of the GDIS software for visualization.

regards
    marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?