Visualizing Sine and Cosine on a Unit Circle: Accurate or Not?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mathzeroh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cosine Image Sine
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
mathzeroh
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Is this an accurate way of displaying sine and cosine on a unit circle? :wink:
 
Attachments
  • sine.JPG
    sine.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 625
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Well, it doesn't really contain much information, and would probably not make sense to anyone who doesn't already know that the cosine is the x coordinate of points along the unit circle and the sine is the y coordinate.

- Warren
 
See the attachment for a diagram that illustrates what I believe you were trying to say.
 
Attachments
Nice, I remember seeing that on the blackboard in my class a few years ago. :smile:
 
Zorodius said:
See the attachment for a diagram that illustrates what I believe you were trying to say.

i think that's a much better representation.