Volume of Cylinders: Find V w/ Pi r2h

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kirito123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cylinders Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Kirito123
Messages
124
Reaction score
14

Homework Statement


upload_2016-8-1_0-51-44.png


Homework Equations


V= Pi R2H

The Attempt at a Solution



V = Pi r2h

They gave us the radius and the height (the length can be used as height). They Diameter is 0.9 to find the radius I just divide by 2 = 0.45. So now I find the volume of the cylinder using the formula “V= Pi r2h”. V= 3.14 x 0.2035 x 3.6 = 2.28906 now we divide by 2 since its half a cylinder. So now we do 2.28906 / 2= 1.14453 m3, so the tunnel can hold 1.14453 m3 of air.
(Pretty sure I got this right just want to confirm with others.)
 
Physics news on Phys.org